Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rrunrr Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I received the copy from him last night. It was a very diplomatic sounding letter. (He would rather we not spend money and mediate this to avoid a trial.)<P>How she responded is still unknown since she avoids contact with anything but a phone call. <P>My disposition today has been mixed but mostly very surreal. I feel confused but in a very sick way a curiousity about how all this will play out. Anyone have a suggestion of how I should expect to feel and better yet, how should I handle those feelings??<P>rrunrr<BR>

711 Offline
For me, when I was in the legal process of the divorce I felt like I was just sleepwalking through it all. Things were happening all around me and I was just going through the motions. I didn't have time to think, just react. <P>As to the feelings, I went from one extreme to the next. Sometimes, I was so depressed and the next minute I would have a sense of relief that I didn't have to continue fighting with someone for the rest of my life.<P>Not sure if that relates to how you are feeling. I just found that the feelings varied minute by minute.<BR>

R
rrunrr Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks, that helps a bit. <P>Basically, I guess, I should expect the unexpected.<P>I can see guilt creaping in after the relieved feeling since I am the one who always had hoped to reconcile. Still hope, but then...<P>rrunrr<P><P>------------------<BR>Almost anything can be undone or forgiven.<P>Never take trust for granted.

G
G
I am tired of the way that it is going to play out. I want the d&$n thing over with. She is the one that didn't want anything from me, except now she wants child and spousal support. And I am the primary custodial parent.<P>This has cost me over $8,000 so far and we are not even to trial yet. What we could have done with that money. Her parents are selling their house. Had she not gone crazy, we could have bought it from them.

B
B
Hi grandpabri: <P> Nice to see you still around. How does Lari rate child support when you are custodial (prime) parent? I dont' get it. Does boyfriend need spending money for CD's or something? Is she still living with him (as a friend) or is he out of the picture?<P>How are you doing in general? How did that sister's wedding go down? I think I missed that post.<P><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

C
C
Yeah, I never heard of that. You have custody but she wants child support? I don't think so.

G
G
Well, here's the deal. In California, CS is based on both incomes and the timeshare. Now she is making the contention that her income went down (she did this voluntarily, read illegal), my income went up, and ther time share went up. So even though we have a 62-38 split, she wants CS. I don't know what the deal is with the SS.<P>Anyway, according to my lawyer, she should be paying around $200 a month. I have not seen anything since June. Hearing next month. I'll keep you posted.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation