Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#681306 01/29/01 10:51 AM
G
gsd Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I sometimes wonder what I did to deserve all of this "excitement" in my life. <P>Last night, my phone rings and someone asks for the OW by name. I am taken aback, and respond "She's not here--I mean you have the wrong number." Incredulous, the woman/girl on the other end asks again and I then ask for a last name. She hangs up and I think it is a stupid prank to get my goat. She calls back later to verify the number she was calling: her daughter's cell phone and realizes that I know her daughter. Then I tell her how. She's shocked. She was actually calling her daughter's cell phone, but the calls were getting to me. (Don't ask me how!) She asks me (quite suddenly after I tell her who I am) "What ever happened between you two?" I ignore the question. She later asks me how long we had been divorced. I tell her, and she sounds a bit surprised. She said she was sorry, and I said so was I. She was surprised again because she said she was under the impression that I initiated the whole thing. I assured her that I fought it tooth and nail. THis was news to her. She also said that she didn't think that I kept in contact with him anymore. I told her only for business.<P>We still don't know how the calls have been coming to me. I had a friend try the # too, and it came to me. I haven't received any other calls except hers last night. We tried to figure out why it was happening. The phone my ex is using is the one her parents bought for her and it is in her name. I have her number, and she has mine now. SHe was very pleasant, but a bit perplexed. <P>First: is there any way a cell phone can forward calls to someone when you don't ask it too? I'm guessing maybe he was trying to block my calls and screwed up the programming? Possible? Second: I have been tempted to call her back and ask why she had the mistaken impression that I wanted the divorce and why she was asking so many questions. Someone is lying to someone. (DUH!) Part of me thinks I should leave it alone and forget about it. A big part actually, but my curiosity is absolutely killing me. All I know is if I were a mother, I would want all the details about the guy my daughter was with especially if there were questions surrounding origins of the relationship and the character of the man involved. She's a kid, for crying out loud. <p>[This message has been edited by gsd (edited January 29, 2001).]

#681307 01/29/01 11:00 AM
P
P
Personally I would suggest let it go. There would be no personal benifit other than the short term feeling of satisfation you MIGHT receive from a possible "vindictive" act. Yes, in my opinion it would seem vindictive.<P>I personally hope that when I get as far as some in here have gotten that I will finally be able to let most of this go as well. I hope.<P>Good Luck and God Bless<P>------------------<BR>1Co:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:<BR>1Co:2:5: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

#681308 01/29/01 11:03 AM
S
S
I'm sorry that happened, and I hope you realize XH and OW are going to go ballistic over it. You should probably get in touch with them so they hear it from you first; and don't fail to mention that you and OW's mom spoke at length. They'll be unhappy about that, but they have no right to expect otherwise--at least the'll hear truthfully (and hopefully first) from you.<P>As to the technology--given the confusing nested menus on many cellphones, I think it would be fairly easy to forward when you meant to block, depending on the phone. Heh heh.<P>I wouldn't go out of my way to do anything further with the OW mother--she's got the broad outlines now. You're trying to figure out where the lying originated--XH or OW. That should come out in the blowup you're about to get (or at least more than enough clues). Duck!

#681309 01/29/01 11:09 AM
B
B
Hi - I agree with Paul. Before my exH married his OW (about 4 weeks after our divorce) I was tempted to contact OW's family but what would that have done. They had already met my ex and liked him, were excited for their wedding. I would have looked like the bitter ex-wife trying to cause trouble. If they have been lying to her parents about how their relationship began (which I suspect they have) then if eventually the truth comes out it will be because of something that my exH and his new wife have done and I will not be able to be blamed for this.<P>I have also been tempted to tell the new wife about my exH's vasectomy - he may have told her but then he may not have. This is their business now.

#681310 01/29/01 02:18 PM
J
J
gsd,<P>What a very wierd thing to have happened. I would definately say that the cell phone is being forwarded by mistake.<P>In regard to the OW's mother, I would not pursue it any further. I would agree that she has been given a broad scope of the truth and she can take from it what she will. <P>As far as why someone is lying to her, I think that is pretty simple....somebody doesn't want your ex to look like the bad guy. If the OW's mother finds out that her daughter's boyfriend was having an affair with her daughter and divorced his wife over it, how does that make him look? Especially if his wife was fighting the divorce the whole time? The truth will make your ex look like a jerk and either the OW or your ex does not want her family thinking that he may be a jerk.<P>My ex told her family some things that were far from the truth during our separation. Things that made me look like the bad guy. I was still in contact with her folks and I held back nothing during this ordeal. When the stories started to get too confusing, they offered to have the two of us over for dinner with them so that we could all talk. I accepted, the ex refused! Sometimes actions just speak louder than words.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation