Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8
My husband is set on a divorce and I now know that there is no hope left for us. We actually talked last weekend and things seemed to be going better - at least we were talking. He even agreed to let me serve the papers to him. I made an appointment to see my lawyer on the next Monday. But today he called me at work and told me that I would be served tomorrow. I don't understand - we agreed. Why would he change his mind and not at least tell me at home? Why can't he be honest? How should I behave when he does things like this? I'm sure there will be more surprised to come.<BR>Thanks for any advice,<BR>Tricia

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
{{{{{Tricia}}}}}}<BR>I really do not know the full story here. But I am here if you need more hugs!!

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 1,514
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 1,514
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by psbatty:<BR><B>But today he called me at work and told me that I would be served tomorrow. I don't understand - we agreed. Why would he change his mind and not at least tell me at home? Why can't he be honest? How should I behave when he does things like this?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It's a message to you. And the message is anger. He's angry about the divorce, and he went ahead and did what I <I>almost</I> did. He "stole a march" and filed first. He's in pain, and this was all he could think to do. <P>There may also be some thinking in his mind that he is relieving you from being the one who had to file. Sounds like strange thinking, but if you were terribly conflicted about doing it, he may be trying in some strange way to actually <I>help</I>. <P>Why don't you tell us more so that we might be of more help? <P>


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 200 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0