Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#683688 03/02/01 03:04 PM
B
OP Offline
B
<BR>AFTER A WHILE<BR>By Vera A. Shoffstall<P>After a while, you learn the subtle difference<BR>Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,<BR>And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning<BR>And company doesn't mean security,<BR>And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts<BR>And presents aren't promises,<BR>And you begin to accept your defeats<BR>With your head up and your eyes wide open<BR>With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child,<BR>And you build all your roads on today<BR>Because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans.<BR>And futures have a way of falling down in midflight.<BR>After a while you learn<BR>That even the sunshine burns if you get too much.<BR>So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul,<BR>Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.<BR>And you learn that you really can endure...<BR>That you really are strong.<BR>And you really do have worth<BR>And you learn and learn...<BR>With every goodbye you learn.<BR>

#683689 03/02/01 03:16 PM
R
R
Bumperii,<P>Thank you for sharing, reading your post was wonderful! Tis' my mission for a way of living, learning! What was that other "L" word?<P>Ragamuffin

#683690 03/02/01 06:36 PM
R
R
Thanks!<BR>It just seems that everything today is bringing tears to my eyes.

#683691 03/02/01 06:56 PM
F
F
Bumper,<P>Thanks for this poem. It makes you stop and think, doesn't it? I wanted to tell you one other thing, too. Because of your other thread (Nitwit magnet), I've become a little more aware of whether or not I am saying out loud exactly what I mean. So thanks, bud. You are just full of inspiration and encouragement.<P><BR>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#683692 03/03/01 12:51 AM
T
T
Believe it or not, I have a copy of this on my desk. Mine is titled "Comes The Dawn," but it's the same words by the same author. My counselor gave it to me when I needed it the most--2 years ago. It's beautiful.

#683693 03/03/01 06:49 AM
B
OP Offline
B
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trixie:<BR><B>Believe it or not, I have a copy of this on my desk. Mine is titled "Comes The Dawn," but it's the same words by the same author. My counselor gave it to me when I needed it the most--2 years ago. It's beautiful.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Trixie,<P>I found the poem in a news paper clipping of an Ann Landers Column when I was going through my Mom's things. (She now lives in an alzheimer's care facility)<P>This has been around so long and passed around so many times, the author's correct name and spelling are different with different reprints. The right name might be Veronica Schoffstall. There is a pretty neat posting at this website:<BR> <A HREF="http://home.att.net/~velvet-hammer/comesthedawn.html" TARGET=_blank>http://home.att.net/~velvet-hammer/comesthedawn.html</A> <P>Bumper

#683694 03/03/01 09:23 AM
J
J
Thanks Bumper,<P>I really liked that. I checked out the link you posted as well. It was really encouraging.<P><P>------------------<BR><B>God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation