Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Instead of faxing or snail-mailing, I often send items that I create on the computer or have scanned-in as .exe files with a self-opening viewer.<P>XW's attorney has both a website and a published e-mail address.<P>So I send him a couple of things--one thing XW needs to sign, the other is a tax-related record I just got in the mail (she previously asked for it and it had not yet arrived).<P>What do I get back but a very brief: <P>"<Sisyphus>: please stop sending me email.i do not respond to them.my contact <BR>with you will be telephone and letters.<XW's Attorney>"<P>And I reply: "You just responded. It proves you're capable. Your convenience is not my concern."<P>But then I immediately think better of it and follow up with: <P>"I apologize for my impatience expressed so tersely in my last e-mail. I have become<BR>very used to the speed and convenience (for me) of e-mail. I will of course do my best<BR>to provide things to you by the most appropriate method. If you have trouble with the attachments, please let me know. I use them because they usually can be printed <BR>more cleanly than faxes, and you can't lose them ... but if you're new to e-mail, <BR>Windows and the lot of it, or have a slow connection, I know it can be a pain."<P>And he follows up with: "<Sisyphus><BR> i will not retrieve docs from email.stop sending them."<P>Well, here we go again:<P><XW Attorney>:<P>This is becoming reminiscent of the Paris peace talks being delayed because the<BR>Vietnamese didn't like the shape of the conference table. <P>If you have a legitimate concern (say, that self-opening .exe file viewers might be<BR>viral or trojans), please express it. I can furnish .TIF files, or other commonly used <BR>Windows formats not susceptible of carrying malicious code that can be opened by viewers that are likely already installed on your computer. Or, if you are simply not up to speed with how to do these things, I can either help you out with it or make accomodations. But when you have an e-mail address, it goes without saying that e-mail would seem to a reasonable person to be a way that you might reasonably be expected to send and receive communications.<P>If you do not have a legitimate concern, I would call on you lawyer-to-lawyer to accept<BR>communications in whatever commonly-accepted form they arrive. If I cannot obtain such consideration from you it will be difficult to prevent your intransigence from coloring my view of other aspects of your representation of your client; and I'm not sure that would be fair to her.<P><Sisyphus><BR>_____________________________________<P>There you have it folks, zero-to-silly in six e-mails. At least mine had capitalization.

B
B
Sisyphus,<P>You Da Man! If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls***!<P>At least the other lawyer does't have to worry about losing face. You just cut off a portion of his anatomy far more vital than his face.<P>It would be worth a weeks pay just to have a video of his face when he read your messages. <P>Congratulations!<P>Bumper

S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"<Sisyphus>: please stop sending me email.i do not respond to them.<P>And I reply: "You just responded.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hahaha!!!! What a hoot!! <P>------------------<BR>I just want to sit in the garden in peace~~<P>*Statue*

N
NSR Offline
N
You have me smiling ear-to-ear on this....<P>My lawyer <B>is</B> into the technology of today...<P>My W's lawyer never was...<BR>...into the slow version of snail-mail..<BR>...I think that is part of the reason why I became the "plaintiff"... and my W the defendent... even though she notified of the filing for divorce 2 full months before I filed!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

R
RWD Offline
R
Sisyphus,<BR>While I admire your style, what benefit is it going to be to you to piss off your wife's divorce lawyer???????????????????????????<P>Bob<p>[This message has been edited by RWD (edited March 02, 2001).]

K
K
Personally, I HATE email from opposing pro pers. I love it with my clients and encourage it. <P>Only rarely have other attorneys communicated by email, even though I publish the address fairly widely. They have no compunction against leaving voice mail, which to me is similarly suspect. (I don't accept formal service by fax either.) Even though it is plenty reliable. Just a policy.<P>Can you send the damn fax by computer? Crummy quality and all...

B
B
Hi Sisyphus,<P>obviously his secretary has to open his emails!!!!!!<P> - made me smile.<P>have a nice Saturday<P>Jo

S
OP Offline
S
I see no reason to inconvenience myself to indulge the incapacity of someone whose replies are entirely devoid of grace. <P>In this town, if you don't call 'em on bad behavior early, that's all you get--forever.<P>I sent him the lot of it by fax too, with a mention that he could forward the attachment files to <I>his</I> client, who would be more than capable of handling them.<p>[This message has been edited by Sisyphus (edited March 03, 2001).]

B
B
Karenna,<P>Hey lady, don't take it to heart. There is nothing that makes life more bearable once in a while than indulging ourselves in a bit of nonsense. Sisyphus just raised subtle sarcasm to an art form. The man really has a way with words. Why heck, I'd rather be hated than ignored any day of the week.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bumper<P>

S
OP Offline
S
I can always console myself with the thought that Twain was far worse:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.greatlifelessons.com/lesson/default.asp?gll=52" TARGET=_blank>http://www.greatlifelessons.com/lesson/default.asp?gll=52</A> <P>Lincoln wrote a lot of <I>very</I> nasty letters too, but stopped when one drew him into a <I>duel</I> that was only prevented by the parties' respective seconds calling a halt to it!

S
OP Offline
S
Well, an update. Here's what I sent March 5 in reply to his e-mail:<P><BR> >> mr.sisyphus.i have no idea how to retrieve docs from my email.i have never <BR> >> done it.i do not have a printer hooked to my computer.PLEASE stop trying<BR> >> to <BR> >> force it on me.fax or mail them to me. <XW Attorney>.<P>Sorry <XW Attorney>. A look in your fax in-box will confirm that I *do* (asterisks for emphasis because bold or italics might not render at the recipient's end) fax as well now. <P>Double-left-clicking your mouse pointer on the attachment should cause it to open a viewer that shows you the file. Do *not* do this with items that come from untrusted sources (and remember, I'm bound by Florida Bar Rules), because that's a prime way<BR>to infect your computer with a virus. If you use Microsoft Outlook, be especially wary of ".VBN" files -- Visual Basic scripts that can turn *your* computer into a virus broadcaster to everyone in your e-mail list (this is how most of the viruses that you now read about have been transmitted). The #1 place to learn about anything computer-related is ZDnet.com.<P>Even if you *can't* print the file, you can pass it along to your client after reviewing it by simply forwarding the e-mail I sent you (if you want to make my text vanish, you can delete it prior to forwarding). <BR>____________________________________________________<P>Have since sent all sorts of things ... by fax and by snail-mail. And have zero reply on items XW needs to furnish to me. And the clock is ticking on that car title I need from her. <P>I'm on the verge of telling XW Attorney that I will resume attempts to contact her (XW) directly if he cannot control his client.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Sisyphus (edited March 15, 2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation