Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
A short while ago, I issued an Order for Protection against my husband. He was very angry and called me every name in the book. This was right after the officer told him that I had temporary custody of the house and our child. I do not feel responsible for his anger though because it is not my fault. However, I can't help feeling really bad about the whole thing. My husband yelled at the cop and told him that I was only hurting our child. I wasn't surprised that he was trying to blame it on me. <P>I have posted here before and talked about how my husband and I were headed for D. I also told everyone here that we were going to go to counseling. Well, we tried it once and then he did not appear motivated to go back and we never did. It seemed obvious to both of us that it was never going to work out. <P>Well, now we have a court hearing in less than two weeks from now and I am just really unsure of all this. If I pursue a OFP it will be effective for one year. This is a real scary step for me. But, on the other hand, I want me and my family to be safe. The way that things had been going between my H and I, I was really scared of him and still am. <P>I just called my sibling on the phone today and this was the first time I talked about what happened with anyone. My sibling was obviously not interested in what I was saying because the subject was changed; thus, I was not able to get anything off my back. I left a message for a close friend of mine but we have not talked since then but I did get a message from her. She is going to call me back tomorrow. <P>Well, I am feeling pretty hopeless right now. But, I know that I am doing what is best for all of us. I really just need someone to listen and maybe give some feedback. I am a single parent now and I am really scared! <P>What to do?

S
S
If you feel threatened, that should be the #1 concern.<P>But if you just want to get a jerk off your back, I worry that you might turn a low-hazard situation into a high-hazard one.<P>I think you should talk to the folks at the battered womens' shelter near you. They probably have a good handle on what constitutes a danger and what doesn't.

K
K
I would agree with Sisyphus here..it is hard for us to tell from here whether your H is an actual threat or not. The suggestion to talk to someone familiar with domestic violence makes a lot of sense.<P>Sorry I cannot be of much help, but all I can say is that I would follow my instincts as far as feeling threatened or not...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation