Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
What I Want in a Man <P>1. Handsome <BR>2. Charming <BR>3. Financially successful <BR>4. A caring listener <BR>5. Witty <BR>6. In good shape <BR>7. Dresses with style <BR>8. Appreciates finer things <BR>9. Full of thoughtful surprises <BR>10. An imaginative, romantic lover <P>What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 32) <P>1. Nice looking (prefer hair on his head) <BR>2. Opens car doors, holds chairs <BR>3. Has enough money for a nice dinner <BR>4. Listens more than talks <BR>5. Laughs at my jokes <BR>6. Carries bags of groceries with ease <BR>7. Owns at least one tie <BR>8. Appreciates a good home-cooked meal <BR>9. Remembers birthdays and anniversaries <BR>10. Seeks romance at least once a week <P>What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 42) <P>1. Not too ugly (bald head OK) <BR>2. Doesn't drive off until I'm in the car <BR>3. Works steady - splurges on dinner out occasionally <BR>4. Nods head when I'm talking <BR>5. Usually remembers punch lines of jokes <BR>6. Is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture <BR>7. Wears a shirt that covers his stomach <BR>8. Knows not to buy champagne with screw-top lids <BR>9. Remembers to put the toilet seat down <BR>10. Shaves most weekends <P>What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 52) <P>1. Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed <BR>2. Doesn't belch or scratch in public <BR>3. Doesn't borrow money too often <BR>4. Doesn't nod off to sleep when I'm venting <BR>5. Doesn't re-tell the same joke too many times <BR>6. Is in good enough shape to get off couch on weekends <BR>7. Usually wears matching socks and fresh underwear <BR>8. Appreciates a good TV dinner <BR>9. Remembers your name on occasion <BR>10. Shaves some weekends <P>What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 62) <P>1. Doesn't scare small children <BR>2. Remembers where bathroom is <BR>3. Doesn't require much money for upkeep <BR>4. Only snores lightly when asleep <BR>5. Remembers why he's laughing <BR>6. Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself <BR>7. Usually wears some clothes <BR>8. Likes soft foods <BR>9. Remembers where he left his teeth <BR>10. Remembers that it's the weekend <P>What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 72) <P>1. Breathing <BR>2. Doesn't miss the toilet <P>Hey--you guys asked for it, and since I am of the female persuasion, I have a little bias. Guys--your turn tomorrow, okay?<P><BR>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

B
B
what a hoot.....<P>thanks for the first laugh I've had today. It's 1230 pm here, so I'm late.....<P>I loved the nose hairs bit, and the shirt that covers the stomach!!!!!!<P>have a great night<P>Jo

M
M
Ok CJ!!<P>I must be in the 72 yr age group! I just want a man who's breathing! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
you are the biggest dag Mitzi....<P>a man that's breathing........ ROFLMAO<BR>

H
H
Had a really horrible day....THANKS for the laugh.<P>

M
M
Hey Jo!<P>A dag?? Hope that's something good! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

711 Offline
I still want the 1st man! I guess I am going to remain a single parent for the rest of my life!<P>Too funny!!

T
T
Ok...I couldn't resist....<P>I can't think of much I'd want IN a man....but plenty I'd want OUT of a man....GASP...did *I* say that!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
TS!!<P>I'm shocked!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Or you could have said, something you wanted FROM a man!! <P>Breathing, hair, a job, and a car...not too many requirements!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
OMG, where's TS. Someone's writing under her name!!!! LOL <P>Mitzi - a dag is a , gee, what is a dag. You know, a silly sausage!!!!!<BR>I'll ponder this one, and try and think of something that more suitably describes a dag.<P>Any suggestions anyone??? <P>This could turn into a post like my bath bomb post? Do you remember that one. I've never laughed so hard in all my life at what you guys thought a bath bomb could be!!!!!!<P>see you<P>Jo

M
M
Jo,<P>OMG!!!! The Bath Bombs!! Ya know, I still think of that when I see you post something!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>A silly sausage?? Is that something like a goof ball?! LOL LOL (Lord! Now I'm a meat-by product! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

B
B
Mitz - perfect. A goof ball. But a really sweet goof ball!!<P>AT least you're not a european meat product..... wouldn't go there now for a million dollars........<P>must be good for the vegie movement!!<P>see you, have to go now down the coast<P>Jo

D
D
CJ<P>You're on a roll! Keep them cards/letters coming!<P>I'm sure you've heard this one:<P>Women have a long, long list of needs/expectations from men while men only have 2 needs in a woman.<P>1) Come naked<BR>2) Bring food<P>[censored] from Texas

B
B
[censored] - you're shocking!!!!!!!

F
OP Offline
F
[censored]! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] OMG!<P>You gals are sure ...hmmm--what's a word for that? <BR>Combustable?<P>I was born and raised in Wisconsin, before I moved to Denver 20 years ago. I was just wondering...is a dag anything like a kosher brat? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I guess it depends on the "owner," huh?<P>CJ<P><P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

D
D
Bonnet/CJ<P>My fiancee and I recently attended a Marriage Seminar hosted by a minister I have much respect for. He is awesome on marriage and he emphasizes the need for Biblical Marriages and each spouse having a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.<P>Yet, while he was teaching on men/women each have<BR>different needs, he told that joke about women having this long list of needs/expectations, while men only have 2 requirements/needs from a woman....."Come Naked, Bring Food"<P>He got quite a laugh on that one! <P>As I have said before, I am a Christian and also a minister, but I do enjoy good humor, especially about the differences between men/women and marital humor in good taste.<P>I do not appreciate any humor that degrades either the man or the woman. While I believe "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" - I don't believe in gender bashing.<P>God has a sense of humor in that He tells 2, totally different people, from 2 different planets (mars/venus) that when they get married, they are to become one flesh.<P>[censored] from Texas

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 501 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation