Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gsd Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I just talked with my ex tonight. I am considering moving out of the house I am renting to own from his mother into an apartment that is closer to work, friends, and family. The only catch is that I have to give up one of my dogs. I have wrestled with this immensely, and anyone here who knows me knows that my dogs are my life. I asked him if he would take one of them (I have three). Here is the clincher: he says, "I am trying to do things right this time...I need to take someone elses feelings into consideration....there are memories attached to that dog and she may not be comfortable with that." <P>Does he not realize that as long as I have three dogs, I am stuck living in his mother's house with all of the furniture, memories, decorations, etc.? He took NOTHING with him when he moved, not one picture, piece of furniture, or plate from our house. Nothing that he has has my mark on it at all. I am left with it all. He is concerned about her feelings?? What about responsibility? I am just asking for one thing. WE got the dogs. WE made that decision....oh I am so fuming mad. Basically, the biggest decision I have had to make in a long time is resting on her willingness to "accept" our dog....As if giving him up were not upsetting enough (the dog, I mean).<P>And to think that he was considering trying to reconcile. (He made it perfectly clear that he wasn't. He repeated the fact that he doesn't want to live with me. I even had to consider what I would have done had he asked to come back. Why even waste my time?<P>Ok, so we are not talking kids here or custody battles, so this may be small potatoes to many. But why am I so damn upset!!

M
M
I have to tell you my dog story.<P>My ex first OW had two dogs. He feel for them. He walked them for her, took care of them for her ect...knew how much they pooped even...<P>So when one of the times he tried coming home he decided he needed a dog. He wanted a dog like hers, I said no, as I am afraid of Chow's....so we decided on a Corgi...<P>So now there is other women #2 that was helping him to get over women #1 and she has a corgi...So now I know why he wanted a corgi.<P>He left and left me the dog. I work full time, I go to college full time at night...and though I love the dog..I asked if he could take the dog.( and she had bite my daughters friend) He said NO...they already have a dog...but if I wanted to get rid of it he would sell it and keep the money...<P>I was livid. This is the kids dog. He wanted it. He wanted a dog to walk. Now he tells me how to train the dog, ect ect and he will not keep her(the dog...not OW LOL) for the kids.<P>Sadie (the dog) has been perfect lately..so I am going to try to keep her...but still he made me so mad.<P>Hang in there!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,183 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation