Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#692442 06/01/01 02:07 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Yep,<P>Our 7th anniv. would be this coming Monday. Seven years of marriage and just over ten years with each other.<P>I didn't receive a birthday present, Christmas present, or even a card from him on Mother's day. Don't suppose I should expect anything from him this time either, unless it's a bunch of dead roses --- and I doubt that since he's never bothered sending flowers.<P>But I did contemplate sending him a single yellow rose....for friendship. But why bother. Why waste the money on someone who doesn't care.<P>~Amy

#692443 06/01/01 02:13 PM
L
L
We just passed our 12th last weekend. Our divorce is not final for another 40 days. I brought her fresh cut flowers and a beautiful card. I knew there would be nothing in return but I hoped somewhere in the back of my heart that she would atleast acknowledge the day.<P>I can't imagine not sending something to her on Mother's Day, after all she may suck as a wife but she is a good mother. Birthday's I've got a while to think about that.<P>((((AMY))))<P>PS. Thanks for the dead rose idea.<P>------------------<BR>Love, Bill<P>-There are none so blind as those who refuse to see!-<BR>-Stand up and do the right thing, even if your standing alone.-

#692444 06/01/01 02:46 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Would have been my 13th... this coming monday...<P>But now... it's my first day at a new job... new life.<P>Treat yourself well that day... you deserve it!!!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#692445 06/03/01 12:32 AM
T
T
All,<P>In the past 16 months of separation, I've passed my birthday twice, my anniversary, and Christmas. My husband didn't send me anything. Although he told me he bought something for our anniversary, I've never received it.<P>Meanwhile, I've sent him birthday presents, anniversary presents and Christmas presents. Do I regret doing this? No. Giving comes from the heart. You shouldn't ever feel like it is a debt that has be repaid by your spouse or Ex.<P>What I like to believe is that you can say or do anything you want, but you have to respect the rights of the people receiving your words or gifts to do whatever they want with your words/gifts, even if their choice is to ignore it.<P>How do I get over the stress of not feeling like the important dates in my life are properly celebrated? I remember that these dates are important to my life only and I'm the only one responsible for remembering them. If my husband chooses to ignore these events, then I can't be mad at him. He made his choice, and I have to respect it.<P>Meanwhile, I focus every hour of every day on my future and suggest that you do this also. Find a new way to celebrate your important days. Share them with a friend. Do something new, something that will allow you to grow in positive directions.<P>------------------<BR>

#692446 06/03/01 05:47 AM
C
C
Friday was my 16th. My present? A message on the answering machine from the Y telling me her boyfriend had picked my son up from after school care. I don't think I'll be too bothered that there won't be #17...<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again<p>[This message has been edited by c00ker (edited June 03, 2001).]

#692447 06/03/01 09:15 AM
G
GAJ Offline
G
I've been thinking quite a lot about father's day, followed 2 days later by our 19th anniversary. There's a good chance that I'm going to leave town to stay with friends during this time. I'll get something for d to give husband for father's day but I don't intend to acknowledge 19th and really hope that he doesn't. It all breaks my heart, but after all he's done, I just want him to accept that we're through and work at settling all the necessary details to get it over with as painlessly as possible. There's been enough pain for both of us and I don't want to cause any nor receive any more intentionally. <BR>I hate that there are others hurting this way too, but it helps me to be able to share and know that others understand.<BR>BIG HUGS TO ALL!!!<BR>G.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 671 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation