Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
GAJ Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I was struggling to rebuild with my husband after his affair, trying to wait out his job with OW ending, then he got mad (mostly about what I had done after finding out about his affair to cause both of them to be transfered in their jobs) and beat me up. <P>NOW, NOT ONLY IS THERE NO HOPE OF TRUSTING HIM AGAIN, BUT I'M ALSO AFRAID OF HIM.<P>I'm sure that I can't live with him anymore. Saw my lawyer yesterday and (paid him my left arm and right leg) to file. When my H is informed, what will he do next? <P>I know that H and his family will begin a campaign to brainwash my d (she's 8). I expect that my filing for divorce will be his and his family's sign to "take the gloves off." I'm still living in "our" house. It's only about a mile away from where he is living with his mother. We've way out in the country. It's scary! I know I need to move but financially it's a bad idea until we get something "legal" done. He has been helping with expenses and deferring to me with most of the decisions about our d up to now. This rocking the boat is (yes, I'll say it again) scary! <P>I hope by overreacting and expecting the worst...I'll keep it from really happening. (Next, I'll be calling Ms. Cleo).<P>This is the part where you know you've got to take some action, even if it makes things worse, for things to ever get better. <P>My dream (and I'm sure, that's all it is) is that he'll see I'm serious about getting a divorce and be ready to drop back to a "no-fault" and work out an agreement without more prolonged suffering.<P>I just need to get this over and be able to move on!!! <P>I have been given a position with more responsibility at work and I'm afraid that if I can't get my head straight soon...I'm going to blow it and lose my financial security along with everything else I've lost in the last 6 months.<P>It's 4:45 am now, I've been here reading since 2:30...I don't know why I'd be worried about not being able to concentrate at work! At this rate, just staying awake may be a challenge!<P>Thanks for listening. G.

T
T
<BR>I can't tell you much, all I can say is that I've been in a scary place myself recently and it gets better.<P>When I left my STBX I had no place to live, no money, no car and no job. He had taken the money out of our account and had the kids, and an attorney already.<P>Here I am now with a nice townhome, a great job, a good car, custody of our kids, and paying back the people who helped me get out.<P>You can make it ... just BE SAFE and document EVERYTHING he says and does ...

B
B
(((((GAJ)))))<P>I have no idea what your H might do when he is informed.<P>I think you should call at 1-800-799-SAFE (the national domestic violence hotline) and ask for advice and help. You may need a restraining order...have you talked to your lawyer about that? I know that my attorney had planned for an RO against my H after I served him - I decided I didn't need it, but it was a very good thought.<P>I'm sorry for the circumstances that have led to you joining us over here on our little corner of MBs but welcome. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>--BR<P>------------------<BR><I>Pain is a given, misery is optional.</I>

G
GAJ Offline OP
OP Offline
G
TLC,<BR>Give me more specifics please. Maybe there is some helpful information for me in your experience. <P>Thanks for the encouragement.<BR>G.

Q
Q
GAJ,<P>Have you ever read the book, "The Gift of Fear"? In it, we are taught to LISTEN to our inner voices... your inner voice is telling you to BEWARE. <P>I will be blunt: You are a sitting duck. Does your stbx have a key to the house? If so, change the locks. Do you think he can get in anyway? Leave town. <B>I take abuse seriously</B> and I won't be one of the people saying: "See what happens, it was probably only one time" or "He had a reason"... here's what I will say: "<B>Get out!</B>" <P>Just as there is never an excuse for infidelity, there is NEVER, <B>NEVER</B> a reason for abuse. I am slowly learning that lesson, and it still hurts to believe that I was abused by a H I loved for 18 years ~ heck, I even still loved him through the divorce process! <P>I am frankly worried about you!<P>Please take this VERY SERIOUSLY, because it <B>IS</B> serious, and women are killed by estranged spouses all the time. Too often, in fact!<P>Get some help, get away, and <B>LISTEN TO YOUR GUT</B>!<P>I wish you peace, healing, and safety.<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>And we know. We who have seen. ~Pellegrino<p>[This message has been edited by Nyneve (edited June 05, 2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation