Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
Since no one nibbled at the other thread, I'll try a new approach.<P>I don't pick out gifts for my x. I tell the children how much money they have to spend and then let them choose where to go and what to get. Find it far less painful for me.<P>Anyway, last year they dragged me all over, and I do mean all over, Target - my favorite discount store. When the shopping was finished, they had settled on three items.<P>- a disposable 35 m.m. camera (despite the fact he has a cheap one they gave him - plus a digital camera)<BR>- a small candle<BR>- a package of Oreos.<BR> <BR>

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,416
Got Milk?

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 64
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 64
Milk? Cute.<P>Cinderella, I do the same thing you do (Xmas too), especially since I figure he's not MY father. <P>Last year it was:<BR>- white monogrammed hankerchiefs, wrong letter <BR>- a mustache trim & wax set (definitely needs but won't use)<BR>- clown umbrella<P>

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 262
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 262
Pay for it but don't pick it is the only way to go. I'm ready to give them the money and let them deal with it all as long as I go to supervise only. <P>Christmas was Santa Claus socks and tie - bear in mind that he wears a tie at most once a week and he has about 3 or 4 Christmas ties and he got that gift on Christmas Day.<BR>


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0