Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693748 06/15/01 03:14 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Anybody know how to access free internet at home?<P>Since my WH left, internet at home has been discontinued and only access I now have is at library.<P>hopelessmom

S
S
Netzero.com juno.com and their ilk ... the free lunches are becoming scarcer by the day though. Ad-supported business models seem destined for bankruptcy court.

J
J
<A HREF="http://familyinternet.about.com/parenting/familyinternet/cs/freeisps/index.htm?rnk=r1&terms=free+internet" TARGET=_blank>http://familyinternet.about.com/parenting/familyinternet/cs/freeisps/index.htm?rnk=r1&terms=free+internet</A> <P>Hopefully this link will help you. If not, get to any search engine, type in <I>free internet provider</I> and start reading for the best access. Most will require you to download their software which is not that large, but it will also include an annoying advertising banner on your screen. What do you expect for a free ISP? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Q
Q
But she only has access at the library... can she download something from there?<P>I say get one of those free aol disks, install it, and then go get netzero, or one of the others mentioned. Then cancel the aol.

J
J
Good point, Nyneve. I thought about that one when I posted, but totally skipped past it. Having access to get the free ISP software onto her PC in the first place is definately a requirement. The AOL CD seems like a good idea, although Netzero will allow you to order by mail, but there is a charge of $9.95 for this service. Another option is to have a friend download the software to their PC, then copy it to disk or CD if possible. Unfortunately, I don't know how large these download files really are.

M
M
Hopelessmom,<P>I think I have one or 2 of the AOL CD's. I can't use them cause AOL doesn't have a local dial up # in my area. If I have them and you're interested, you're more than welcome to them. <P>Send me an email!<P>mitzihartman@webtv.net<P>

W
W
That's pretty much the bullet on free ISP these days. Juno does mailings of CDs, too, but your access will be restricted to e-mail, and www access at, like 4:00 am. The zipped code for Juno is 7MB, and would require a zipped set, which can be cumbersome if you aren't a cyber-geek like me. The library likely won't allow you to save anything, anyway, since they have security concerns. AOL doesn't work consistently across the board, installing it may cause 'problems', especially if you want to uninstall it later. I'd go with the online services that Windows installs, there should either be an 'Online Services' icon on the desktop, or on the Start/Programs menu. You could install, say AT&T Worldnet, or Prodigy, but you will need a payment option for the sign up. Problematic, to say the least. I'll offer the same deal...I have so many CDs, that I am using them for coasters. That's my million dollar idea: coasters, clocks, shims...CDs are VERY practical things! mtblake@netexpress.net<p>[This message has been edited by waiting_for_her (edited June 15, 2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 433 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation