Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gsd Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ok. Not saying how old I am, but I am still in an ok decade. Next year someone will have to get me Valium or something. Someone had posted here that they were going to have to spend their birthday alone. They were in the throes of divorce and it was scary. Mine's, well, very well done. So the prospect of being alone on my birthday is fine. In fact, kind of cool. It is my second one alone anyway. What the H#ll.<P>So what am I doing? Unfortunately, my Bday falls on a holiday, so everyone wants to do something and everyone is off. There are picnics and the like and it gets too frantic. So, my gift to me:<P>1) grade papers (ok, not a gift....but gotta get it done before I open any "presents")<BR>2) turn off the phone and computer (aaak! no calls or chat??)<BR>3) take a bath in my NEW apartment's GIANT Roman tub <BR>4) go get a movie and eat WHATEVER I want <BR>5) not unpack a THING<P>The big key is: not talking to anyone. Nope. Nada. Nada soul. Can I do it?? For someone who is on the phone or on line until 12 every night (school nights too), this may prove impossible....I hope I survive....<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>

X
X
How bout a GREAT BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY hug from the Xman!<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{gsd}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Happy Birthday to you too Uncle Sam.....but I ain't huggin you!<P>Have a wunnerful day gsd!<P>Xman

M
M
Happy Birthday to You!<BR>Happy Birthday to You!<BR>Happy Birthday, Dear Cheryl!<BR>Happy Birthday to You!!!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

N
N
You're joining the Carmelite nuns for your birthday?!! (They take a vow of silence.)<P>{{{{{gsd}}}}} HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!<P>And many more...<BR>Nell [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>One faces the future with one's past.<BR>--Pearl S. Buck

C
C
<B>HAPPY BIRTDAY!!!</B><P>Dang, I thought you would say you were giving yourself a Porshe [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Enjoy your day & your new place!<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

B
B
Happy, Happy Birthday!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Cool stuff, the quiet times, huh? (personally, I was expecting puppy breath or something like that. BTW, saw a really cute GSD pup this morning and I thought of you!)<P>Lori [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

J
Jax Offline
J
Happy Birthday!!!! Yeah, I guess you have to look at it that way, as a new member of the singles club I too spent mine alone and did whatever the heck I wanted. Nice for a change. Have a real good one. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <BR>Jax

J
J
Happy Birthday!!!!<P>Hmmm, a nice quiet evening at home with no distractions….no phones, no computers, no people (or students) wanting something from you…..sounds great to me!<P>Then you add in your movie of choice and a nice hot bath in <B>YOUR</B> roman tub……what more could you want????<P>Be sure to light plenty of candles and add something nice to the bath like an aromatic mint & eucalyptus foam…….it will help you to relax and will take all of your stresses away….at least temporarily.<P>Have a wonderful day, you deserve it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Jayhawk 93 (edited July 04, 2001).]

711 Offline
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!!<BR>

Q
Q
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Happy, Happy Day to you!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>What movie did you see?

C
C
Happy Birthday, Cheryl!!!!!<P>And just who do you spend all your time talking to?<BR>

O
O
gsd,<P>Correcting papers?????? Did someone forget to tell you that we teachers are supposed to take the summer off????<P>(I know, I know...I'm leaving to teach a computer class next week...couldn't get out of it either [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>I bought myself a patio fireplace for my birthday...then proceeded to burn some of ex's pictures in it...it was very cleansing [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Enjoy your solitude with the "Order of Silent Singles" - just don't hide out from your computer for too long...we're left hanging until you report back [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Happy Birthday!!!!<P>Lisa<P>------------------<BR>I am woman...hear me roar...okay - meow...okay - purr? Hey, I'm working on it.

H
H
Hope you had a great silent birthday! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

G
gsd Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you for all your well wishes. But honestly, Nick, what in the world would I do with ANOTHER Porsche????? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It was sort of silent. I spent the day at my mom's and the evening by myself. I did unpack and set up my apartment some more, which was nice. My bath was wonderful!! I think the larger tub is a visual illusion, but I didn't care!<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 656 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation