Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#696028 07/09/01 11:06 PM
O
OAS Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally posted in Emotional Needs<P>Found out this afternoon that my wife of 16 years had already started the divorce process before she went to see her friend in Chicago. I should be receiving the paperwork in a few weeks. I still love her and do not feel any anger towards her. I am glad that she has found someone that can make her happy. I just wish that it was me. I would like to just thank all you wonderful people for the concern and hope that is put out by this forum. I wish the rest of you success. I guess that sometimes things happen for a reason, I just need to figure out what it is and learn and grow from the experience. God bless you all.<P>Orlando Sanchez<BR>Albuquerque, NM

#696029 07/10/01 12:37 AM
W
W
Orlando,<BR> I am sorry that your marriage seems to be ending. Mine (18 years) ended about 6 weeks ago...its hard, I know.<P>You seem to have a good attitude with respect to your W's happiness...that is good. You know it isn't easy for her, either...16 years is a long time. Your post has the feel of finality to it, I hope that you will keep us posted as to how you are doing, what you are feeling, etc.<P>Have you done either Plan A, or Plan B? Have you gotten any counseling? What about kids...do you have any?<P>I know that you feel bad now, Orlando, but you have been given an opportunity to work on you, here, too. Please make you that you do that.<P>'But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.' - I Peter 5:10

#696030 07/10/01 01:15 AM
L
L
<BR>Dear Orlando, <BR>I am so sorry. This feels terrible, doesn't it? It especially hurts me to know that I could not fill my STBXB's emotional void, and I sure as heck can't think of a reason God would let this happen. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I keep trying to figure the reason out and it has been making me crazy! But the wonderful people here are helping me. So let them help you too. <BR>Sometimes crummy things just happen. I used to say "It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it" That was alot easier to say when it wasen't happening to me!!!!!<BR>Please just remember, it was not you who gave up on the marriage, and surely God blesses those who take their marriage vows as a covenant. <BR>We are all thinking of you. <BR>

#696031 07/10/01 05:57 AM
J
J
You seem to have a good out look on this,I took the same outlook as you and it has made a difference in me. It really doesn't me it is over it can be a new beggining for you. Life and people change and sometimes it just doesn't seem to make sence, be aptient and give it time you never know when she might come out of the fog<P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation