Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I took my daughter back to her mother last night after having her for the last 5 or so days. <P>While she was with me:<P>We played Nintendo forever. (Which I may add, I'm the household World Champ!!)<P>She sat there and watched me play racquetball before we went swiming at my gym. <P>She would walk through the house and leave a trail of stuff all over the floor in her wake. <P>We made huge tuna fish sandwiches and stuffed them into her lunch box w/ fritos and a cold drink for her daycare lunch.<P>THe owner of the privatre school we have her in said for a 9Yo sheis very good at math. Already doing algebra. <P>We never did get around to cleaning house, but one evening she came into the living room while I was watching CBS news and told me to put the blindfold on.. She lead me back to my bedroom that she cleaned to perfection, folded all my clothes, vacumed, dusted, etc. And when I said "This is EXCELENT!!" she said "YEA, I thought you'd like it.." I asked "When are you going to do your room like this?" The conversation was over and she went outside to play with the dog. HeHEHE.. Boy could I see this one coming. I think I asked just to see the reaction.<P>She asked if she could stay up late and I gave her an addition 30 minutes to which she used about 10 minutes before she was out on the couch and I had to guide to her bed. <P>I enjoyed watching her sleep for about 5 minutes before wake up time.. The cloudless morning sun came though the window and shined(? shone)on her face, highlighting hair. I just sat there and watched. I just watched her breath.. <P>I made her a egg sandwich for breakfast and put it in a ziplock before she got up. I wrote "I love you" on the bag and when I got home from work yesterday afternoon she had emptied the bag at school and wrote "I love you to" on the bag and put it back in the location I left it in the morning.<P>We went and saw the movie "Cats & Dogs" and laughed the whole movie. We like going to the movies to watch the previews so we can pick the next one we want to go see.<P><BR>I don't know I guess I just miss her.<P>You all be good to your kids.<P>Tex.<P>

O
O
Yeah --- I know what you mean.<P>LitteBit is still over with her Dad for the month. I do miss her. But I get to have her the entire weekend, starting tomorrow.<P>Yea... I've got to have her Dad over at some point to help with inventory stuff.....but she's going to be at home again.<P>She's heading towards four now, and I'm glad she's so very petit ---- it means that I can still hold her and rock her to sleep at night. <P>Anyway - the circus is in town, and she's never been --- I'm thinking of either that or going to Cats & Dogs. And then we'll be going to the beach on Sat.<P>~Amy

W
W
Dang, AGMIT...you are making me cry! That was awesome! The last time my sons left here, I had been in a bad mood, and made some poorly timed comments...and I spent the next few days regretting it in a major way. They came back (3 out of 4, anyway...oldest is 17, and taking advantage...so he is still gone...not unusual.) last night, and I found out that I hadn't messed up as much as I had thought. She did what she thought was best for you...pretty mature for a 9 year old...actually pretty mature, period...and the sandwich bag...what a deal! I mean, honestly, how blessed are you? And how blessed is she? I feel blessed just reading about it...change your moniker....MostBelovedDadInTexas...or a Real_Man_In_Texas.....whatever.<P>Miss her, but you do have that to mull over...it should put a smile on your heart/face. You got that right, at the very least! Take care...I'm going to steal most of that, and multiply it by four...I hope you don't mind. -Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation