Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#696960 07/20/01 04:31 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Today is my last day at this job.....and I'm going to lose Internet access for a while.<P>On Monday I'll be meeting my new co-workers.<P>But in the meantime I'll be attending the "Beginning Experience" --- a grieving program designed for people who are separated, divorced, and widowed.<P>It's supposed to be really intense.....It's a retreat that will last all weekend.<P>I'm stuck at trying to decide if I'll 'Stand' for my marriage, or if I should simply 'let go'. ......I've been interpreting the Bible as saying that divorce isn't acceptable unless under certain circumstances. But I've recently been told that the modern translations from the Hebrew and Greek are not accurate and that there may be more to this than it appears on the surface.<P>It's going to be a rough weekend..... but probably one that I need. A chance to let all of my emotions go out of me in a safe and secure environment. I've done something similiar one other time....when I had a miscarriage. But with that one I had friends with me--- this time I'll be alone.<P>~Amy

#696961 07/20/01 04:52 PM
L
L
(((AMY)))<P>We will miss you and please come back as soon as possible. The weekend sounds like a really unique experience, let us know what it's like.<P>I went through all these emotions when we had our miscarriage too. I went through the emotions of my divorce pretty much alone, of course I had a phone and this internet, but none of that replaces the warmth of a touch.<P>Take care of yourself.<P>Hugs, Thoughts, and many Prayers from Kansas<P>------------------<BR>Love, Bill<P>-There are none so blind as those who refuse to see!-<BR>-Stand up and do the right thing, even if your standing alone.-

#696962 07/21/01 05:39 AM
W
W
Amy,<BR> You sound <B>so proactive</B>! I respect that! Good for you!<P>Strong's Concordance readily admits that 'adultery' was <B>added</B> to the verse that I believe you are referring to...Matthew 19:9 perhaps? The original Greek was 'unchasteness, or fornication'...sex prior to marriage, and that is why Joseph 'secretly desired to divorce' Mary...<B>before they were married!</B> Also, note that Jesus did not condone this <B>anyway</B>. He said that Moses allowed it because of the 'hardness' of their hearts. The New American Bible is based on a translation of the original texts, not the Vulgate (Common Latin translation), which is what pretty much all others are based on. The trouble with the NAB, if indeed there is one, is that it is a 'loose interpretation', which is highly subjective.<P>So we are back to square one (which is where you'd be anyway). That is what I feel God refers to when he admonishes us not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil...Keep your free will...make your choices based on your value system. He will 'tell' you whether you are right or wrong...will you listen?<P>I am pleased to note that you are starting a new job, going through a cathartic weekend, and trying to come to grips with your internal representation of your marriage. Growth is inevitable! God bless you, Amy! -Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 685 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation