Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#697619 07/27/01 10:55 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Hey I have not been here in ages but I felt a desire to share. There is life after divorce!!! Those of you who were here when I was know how bad I was doing just a few short months ago.<P>Will life is good! I have moved into a new home with my boys ( I am dad )and we are moving forward. I have serious doubts about ever doing the marriage thing again as it was a one time thing for me but I may actually date down the road somewhere! I am doing the stuff I like to do playing golf, cooking for friends and family, and working productively again!<P>Hang in there and regardless of what happens life can be good again ( I did not believe this 3 months ago )!<P>Have a great day!<P>Ted

#697620 07/27/01 11:23 AM
711 Offline
Glad to hear it!<P>Enjoy your time with your sons. You deserve it.<P>I'm doing pretty well myself. It's been 1 1/2 years now since my divorce was final and life does go on. I'm enjoying time with my little girls and friends and family now. <P>Dating definitely has its ups and downs so I'm taking a break from that now. Go into that very slowly!

#697621 07/27/01 11:43 AM
P
P
I'm still looking for the silver lining, glad to see you've seen or at least glimpsed yours.<P>------------------<BR>1Co:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:<BR>1Co:2:5: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

#697622 07/27/01 01:45 PM
M
mkn Offline
M
Another Omahan.... cool... wish I could share your vision. Still waiting to get used to all this. The feelings for my wife are changing which is a good thing. Hopefully I can be able to disregard her and her OM as nothing more than a couple that my son has to spend time with.... if that makes any sense...

#697623 07/27/01 02:21 PM
C
C
Way to Go!!!!<P>I know you, like almost all of us here, would never have chosen this path. I haven't heard from you in so long and have been wondering how you are. <P>There is life after divorce. I think I like a lot of things about this life though it is hard, very hard. But I, personally, have so much peace that I didn't know was possible before.<P>We're here for you as you heal. Let us know how you're doing. You never know who might be helped by your triumphs.

#697624 07/27/01 02:30 PM
R
R
Long time no hear! Glad you are back on your feet and living life again! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Cooking huh? What's your specialty?<P>I'm very happy for you!<P>From your "neighbor down the road",<P>Gayle

#697625 07/27/01 03:12 PM
H
H
Hello HurtinginOmaha,<P>Glad to hear that you are getting on with life. Feels good to finally get out from under the rock.<P>I am back in NE visiting family up by Valentine. I was born and raised in NE. Worked for ConAgra in the grain company for 5.5 years before we moved to Phoenix.<P>Miss V.Mertz and M'sPub. Are they still going? <P>Take Care.<P>

#697626 07/27/01 03:27 PM
E
E
Yes, life does go on. Been about 1 1/2 yrs since my divorce and I couldn't be happier. My short time goal is to be there for my 2 teenage girls, 16 & 15 and spend as much time with them that I can. These last few years in highschool are supposed to be the best & happiest years of their life. Sometimes it is difficult being a mom and being their best friend. Every once in a while, I have to remind them of the rules and let them know you can still have fun, but you have to be responsible doing it. I've spent so much of my life sacrificing for my girls, I'm actually a little scared of what to do with myself when they graduate and move on. I guess I'll just to the things I always wanted to do, but never had the time. (to tell you the truth, I cannot wait)!!!!!! It will be my time then, I'm being selfish, but I deserve it.....

#697627 07/27/01 04:53 PM
M
mkn Offline
M
HopelessinAZ...<BR>I will answer for you V Mertz and M's are still open and doing good....

#697628 07/30/01 08:14 AM
H
OP Offline
H
The Old Market is alive and well, I don't get down there much as being a parent is primary. As for dating yeah right! The pickens in Omaha are slim! And being an old guy with young kids most women are two self centered to deal with fact that they would not be primary!<P>Golf , kids and cooking for married friends will have to be it! Question is though how is it that women seem to have no problem dating after divorce, LOL<BR>

#697629 07/30/01 08:55 AM
D
D
I am divorced for 9 months. Its is difficult to imagine how happy I am know.<BR>During the affair issue I thought I was not going to survive and that all my dreams disappeared.<BR>After trying really hard for about one year to rebuild the marriage during my wife’s affair I decided to divorce when I saw she was just egocentric and wouldn’t do anything for us.<BR>This was the toughest (and best!) decision of my life.<BR>Now I am a really happy man, have a lovely girl friend, I enjoy my kids (5 and 8), kids love my girl friend, my home looks the way I like, my professional carrier is improving a lot, etc.<BR>Everything is working very well, except the relationship with my ex wife. She can not see me doing so well. She feels so bad for what “I” did!<BR>Yes, there is surely life after divorce. And it is very good!<BR>dvpc<BR>

#697630 07/30/01 09:06 AM
R
R
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I love to see people make lemonade with their bowl of lemons!<P>Take care, Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

#697631 07/30/01 09:36 AM
B
B
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hurtinginOmaha:<BR><B>And being an old guy with young kids most women are two self centered to deal with fact that they would not be primary! </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ted,<P>Glad to hear that you are doing well. You have spoken my mind here! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] The complaint is usually that a woman with kids isn't in big demand. Well now you know my secret, there isn't that much demand out there for a man with kids either.<P>The observation about self centered women proves that you are a much braver man than I. Not that it wasn't noticed, I'm just too cowardly to go there. Having dated a seemingly endless string on self centered women, I truely believe I'm a Nitwit Magnet!. Not one of them had a clue that she was self centered. Sure has kept me single for a while.<P>After all these failed relationships, I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm doing something wrong. Now I'm at the point where I just wouldn't want to marry a woman who would date a guy like me. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. <P>But life is still pretty sweet. Women come and women go. The kids are forever. Good to hear from you!!<P>Prayers and stuff,<P>Bumper <P>

#697632 07/30/01 09:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, It sure does go on.....<P>I've been divorced for about a year and 1/2 as well. Nothing was as hard as going through my X's affair for 2 years while we were married. <P>You still go through some times where you wish things could have been different for your kids (or at least I do), but my life is wonderful now. My kids are well adjusted, my x and I have a good relationship, and I am dating a wonderful man. <P>Marriage was something I did not contemplate at all for at least a year, but now I am feeling better towards it and may re-marry sometime in the future. <P>------------------<BR>Susan

#697633 07/30/01 07:26 PM
N
N
Unfortunately, I do not agree that there is life after divorce. <P>Not if you have 6 kids and a H who is one of those 75% who have little involvement with the kids. Not if you are living close to the poverty line because your H has been unemployed for over a year, and you live in a state where if you earn $1000 more, child support goes down by $300. Not if you still love your H.

#697634 07/30/01 07:36 PM
J
J
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hurtinginOmaha:<BR><B>I have serious doubts about ever doing the marriage thing again as it was a one time thing for me but I may actually date down the road somewhere!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've often wondered how my old neighbor off to the North was hanging in these days! I'm glad to see that things are going better for you and your kids. If I remember correctly, you've said from the very beginning that you couldn't see yourself dating again and here we are about a year later and you are actually <I>considering</I> the prospect of dating. Good for you, Omaha! When you are ready, dating can be an enjoyable experience. Take your time though....there's no reason to rush it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Thanks for the update!<P>~Jayhawk<P>

#697635 07/30/01 07:48 PM
S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nellie1:<BR><B>Unfortunately, I do not agree that there is life after divorce. <P>Not if you have 6 kids and a H who is one of those 75% who have little involvement with the kids. Not if you are living close to the poverty line because your H has been unemployed for over a year, and you live in a state where if you earn $1000 more, child support goes down by $300. Not if you still love your H. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just think Nellie - you could still be living with that LOUSE! There are worse things than poverty - I've been there and overcome it - I was a single parent with one child, a part time job bringing in only 300 a month - no child support, and a full time student. Married again - and NOW I'm a single parent with four kids, a full time job - working from home, no child support so far - he's working for a farmer - under the table, and he refuses to even pay for medical care. Poverty level - I don't even know what it is - I'm sure I'm below it. But, my kids are well adjusted, well loved, well cared for, and we don't EVEN miss his temper tantrums and attitudes.<P>a RESOUNDING <<<<<YES>>>>>> there is life after divorce - and it's wonderful!!!<P>

#697636 07/30/01 09:20 PM
N
N
No, when he was home he was far from a louse. He was a loving, responsible, father for 18 years, and a good man for the almost quarter of a century I knew him. <P>Yes, there is something even worse than the poverty, and that is knowing that you can not trust anyone, that everything is just an illusion. <P>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 968 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation