Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
I'm from Minnesota, born and raised here.<P>I have three kids all teenagers 17,15 and 14 HELP!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>EX was a wondering spouse<P>Divorced for 9 months now<P>Jill<P>------------------<BR>live for today for there may not be a tomorrow

N
N
Okay, one more before I go to bed....<P>I'm Australian. I live in South Africa right now.<P>3 kids, 8, 5 and nearly 4.<P>My H is the WS.<P>Separated for 4 1/2 weeks, he's said he wants a divorce.

F
F
I'm from Wisconsin, born and raised, but now work in MN. <P>Seperated from WS right now and contemplating divorce. We were together for 8 1/2 years and married for 2. No kids, "Thank God for that right now!, I've read how painful it is for everyone who does have kids and goes through this!" Just a house and a dog. Wife and I were highschool sweathearts. The whole thing sucks.

H
H
I live in Texas<P>I have two kids a 13 year daughter and a soon to be 15 year old son.<P>My X left because "he wasn't happy" I am now have circumstantial evidence that he also wasn't faithful.<P>He left a year ago, divorce final three months ago.

S
S
Colorado<P>4 kids 6, 7, 11, & 16<P>Separated since May 2, 2001<P>H just doesn't want children and wife - MLC??? Who knows?<P>I'm happier - kids are happier - we are moving forward.

A
A
Richmond, VA<P>2 great kids boy 10 going into 5th grade, girl 8 going into 3rd<P>married 14 years<P>W is Walk Away, 'not in love', maybe MLC too, coming off year that went from eating disorder to alcoholism, then she asked me to leave<P>-Art<BR>she 'thinks we are headed towards divorce' but 'just not sure right now, needs time and space'<P>separated 3+ weeks

R
R
I was born and raised in Tennessee, but have been an Okie for 16 years.<P>Two kids - girl 15 and boy 10. They are great kids. The main reason I am still here in Oklahoma!<P>My H was the WS. Separated 14 months 8-14-01. He still has not filed for divorce. I think he could go on like this forever. Things are just as difficult today as they were 14 months ago. Combination of sexual addiction and MLC. Will not go to counseling. I am just working on myself right now.<P>Tina

F
F
I am also from Texas, and my wife recently left me for another man, who is also now leaving his wife and two kids for my wife.<P>I have two sons Jacob who is 8 months old and Erek who will be 4 in december<BR>

L
L
I'm from NJ, moved after marriage<P>I have 3 children 4,7 and 9<P>NOT DIVORCED YET(hope not to be either)<P>Dale

B
B
hi <P>i am from Ms but have lived in ID for 20 yrs. have a 22 yr old son who lives 8 hrs away and is in college. his father died when he was young and i remarried--the WS. i think he is a sex addict and attention deficit. he has broke up with his last girlfriend and seems to be sincerely trying but will not do workbooks together or go to counseling.<P>some days i think we are leaping ahead. and some days we are stuck in the past.<P>he keeps saying that i will always be his bestfriend ever, but says he has trouble having sex with me because he feels so guilty>?>?>?>?<P>benniann<P>------------------<BR>Benniann

N
N
I'm from Houston.<P>I have two kids - son 9 and daughter 7<P>I was with my husband 11 years - off and on because of his affairs<P>We've been separated 3 months this time (Once we were separated 2 years).<P>I filed for divorce (he says he doesn't want it - but his actions say otherwise).

K
K
Hi,<P>From King George, VA, I am the betrayed, wife is the<BR>WS. Two teenaged sons with me. Married 18 years, <BR>separated 5 months. Divorce a definite possibility.<BR>Got the love you, care for you, not in love you story.<P>

A
A
From NJ.<P>I have a WH and a daughter - 4 (best part of my world!) Hoping that counseling will work things out for both of us in the best possible direction.<P>Hopefull and praying!<BR>

D
D
Born and raised in Milwaukee, now living in Minneapolis.<P>38 years old, married 8 years on 9-4-01, separated, oh, about 5 days now. wife 41 years old, walking away, possible EA, certainly MLC, clearly planning for divorce; I don't want it. 6 year old daughter, 3 year old son.

T
T
<BR>Lifelong Michigan resident.<P>I am 29, STBX is 35, kids are 6 and 3. Married 8 years.<P>I had an EA (didn't realize it at the time) discovered by H spring of 2000. Ended it. He had an EA, possible PA, in fall 2000, discovered by me a few days after I moved out. It only ended because I took the computer with me. His last message to her was to wait a few weeks until I was too busy with 'Mr. Wonderful' to keep tabs on him.<P>Neither EA is the reason for the divorce. After continued physical and verbal abuse and several failed attempts at marriage counseling, I left in December 2000 and he filed after deciding I'd left to be with my boyfriend (there was no boyfriend).<P>Will be divorced in 15 days. In counseling. Dating. Glad I'm getting away from a person who made me feel like less than a human, but I mourn the end of the marriage (we were both very anti-divorce) and the fact that our kids and I were not important enough reasons for him to change.<P>Still realizing just how severe the mental abuse and manipulation was, as I *try* to have a healthy relationship, and finding that I don't even know how to. :(<BR>

F
F
Hi from Texas - no reason to ever live any other place!<P>I have 2 teenaged sons and a daughter in her early 20's.<P>My husband is the WS. He had a sexual relationship with another man, his best friend, for 10 years.<P>Married 24 years. Undecided about divorce. Financial situation makes it impossible at the moment. Career situation makes separation impossible. I just keep smiling and saying, "Everything's great, how about with you?" I should have been an actress instead of a teacher!

S
S
Georgia native!<P>I am WS and BS too....<P>Now waiting for divorce to be final....still sad/angry/despressed and on roller coster. Only three weeks since separation and he doesnt want to reconcile.<P>Scuba

W
W
I live in Minnesota<P>H is WS. I have tried everything to reconcile with my H. but he doesn't want to work on the marriage for the simple reason that he fears I'll be too controlling on him while I work on the mistrust issues concerning his affair. <P>I am not separated or divorced yet but WS is moving out on September 1st per my request. <P>I have three daughters, 2.5, 5.5, and the oldest will be 7 soon.<P>I hope to be divorced in the near future.

E
E
I'm from Texas (League City, south of Houston)<P>Two teenage girls ages 16 & 15. <P>Been divorced 1 1/2 years.<P>I had the affair after 16 years of emotionaly abuse. Was married to a very controlling, insecure and jealous cop. Life is too short, find out who you are and what you want, but most of all be there for the kids sake - they need lots of hugs & kisses & XOXOXOXO.<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation