Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#700054 08/15/01 07:51 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 135
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 135
In 5th week of separation. Found out this morning that W is in at least EA with her boss. Saw where she wrote she loved him. May be physical too, but cannot tell, and think she has broken it off.<P>Needless to say, i am crushed. But, i am strangely calm also-more so than i would have been a few weeks ago. i am unsure what to do now. i asked her point blank a few weeks ago if she was having an A, and she said no-i thought she was telling the truth. Maybe she was, and it is just infatuation.<P>Strange part is that it seems she is warming to me a little. We have good chats, she seems more interested in what i am doing, asked me a couple of times yesterday when i got the kids how my therapy is going, what my therapist and i are talking about. We had a great marriage counseling session last week. She does not seem nearly as set on D as she was.<P>i am confused. i don't want to LB, don't want to chase her. Should i ask her again about the A? Leave it alone? i feel i need to know where i stand in all this. If the marriage counseling is just her way of placating me, i need to know. the OM is older and her boss. Our relationship aside, she would be making a big mistake with him. He has an important position at a college. i could confront him, and he would probably back off. He may not even be the instigator. Don't know.<P>She is very confused right now, and does not know what she wants. i could forgive the A i think.<P>i need some suggestions please!<p>[This message has been edited by ANB3 (edited August 15, 2001).]

#700055 08/15/01 09:57 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
Hi ANB3, <P>So sad for you to discover an EA....I feel for you.<P>When I found out about my h's PA I was also strangely calm and we rationally talked about it, a very honest and awful conversation. Unfortunately for me, after that night it tore me apart, and I just couldn't leavcit it alone for months. And by the tim I decided to, because if I didn't let go it was going to KILL me, it was too late....he left.<P>If I had my time again I would not have brought it up as often (hey I'm only human, I KNOW I would have had to bring it up sometimes). <P>You are currently separated, you know about the EA, I would advise NOT bringing it up, because everything I read here tells me it is a LB. I suspect my h as well right now, but I have never mentioned it. Try your hardest not to do it, because if she is responsive to you, you don't want to wreck it. And also I guarantee it will only make YOU feel worse. Plan A as much as you can, it's working for you!<P>Jacky

#700056 08/16/01 12:51 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 352
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 352
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANB3:<BR>I asked her point blank a few weeks ago if she was having an A, and she said no-i thought she was telling the truth.[/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Once again, I suspect we're married to the same woman. My wife told me she wasn't cheating- and I hadn't even asked her. A lot of people don't define EA as an affair, so your wife may not be lying in her definition. Or, she lied- not surprising, given the circumstances and the stakes. It hurts, but it's common.<P>I'll echo Nina's advice- I don't think that confronting her will do any good now. How would you tell her, especially since things seem to be going better? If you found this out by reading something private, that will be a huge LB. If you bring it up without refering to whatever you read ("I just have to ask you again..."), then you'll come off as mistrustful and needy- not what you want at this point. If you can somehow convince her that you just figured it out- well, something waiting_for_her told me applies: "no one, least of all her, is going to congratulate you for being so clever. She'll probably tell you it's the only thing you ever figured out."<P>You say she's confused, and that you believe dumping you for the OM would be a big mistake. If so, you probably have to let it run it's course. You won't be able to convince her she's confused and making a mistake- she'll have to figure that out for herself.<P>I know it's difficult not knowing where exactly you stand- I'm in the same very unstable boat. She might be doing the counseling just to placate you- but that's better than refusing to do it, and the counseling does you good as well. My wife has done counseling with me, and I'm sure her motive is to make the split easier for me. But she's still doing it, and I'm understanding her motivations better now because of it. If she ever decides to actually work on the marriage, we'll have a base to start from. <BR>

#700057 08/15/01 01:35 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 135
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 135
Thanks as always to my two stalwart friends. I agree with your advice, although it will be hard to lay off saying anythnig, but i think i can do it.<P>It may well nly be an EA, and as you said, she may not see that as an A. Seeing the words 'i love him' written about someone else is just so hard.<P>And now, my suspicion will run rampant. But i will sit tight and see what develops. The starnge thing is i think even if it was physical, i could get past it. It's the trust part that is hard.<P>And she has made a big show of how open and honest she is being these days since her resovery (addictions). But she is alos reverting to beahviors from when her addictions first started in her late teens-pretty comon, i understand.<P>I will hold my ground for now, put on my Plan A face, and move forward. I even e-mailed her a joke this morning, and she sent another one back to me, with an note about how much fun the kids had at my place last night. The frost is defuinitely coming off the pumpkin just a little.<P>The thing about the guy she is thinking of is that she is one of her bosses, and if it was to get out, she would probably lose her job over it. That's why i see her making such a mistake.<P>Thanks again guys.

#700058 08/15/01 08:01 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 135
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 135
^


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 200 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0