Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Access to divorce court records? <BR>My W, age 49 (I’m 51) had a PA with two other guys aged 32 & 36 from 07-20-00 to D/D on 01-17-01. We are in recovery & have begun couples counseling. She has said that Physical Attractiveness has & is a big need of hers. I am attempting to try & see if there has been a pattern of behavior with my W that I had overlooked. She had an A 20 years ago. Within a few years we moved to our current location. She babysat for a younger couple. The Husband dropped their child off to my W in the morning & the W picked him up in the PM.<P>The couple filed for divorce & my W is implicated & was potentially going to be called testify in court or at least a deposition – I have forgot details & she may have made deposition? I know that my W & his W had several serious discussions.<BR>My W explained that the H claimed she made passes at him – I could never quite get how that would a part of their D? At the time I never considered the fact that there may have been an indication he & my wife had an A. My W always said that there was nothing to it, that she wore this ugly pink bathrobe (as if to say it was not sexy or in any way a come on) & he said she invited him in for coffee & she never made coffee (which is true).<P>They reconciled & changed babysitters – I never thought much about it, until now I’m recalling back on numerous incidences where there could be a definable trend of behavior for my W. <P>A few weeks ago my W is meeting me & friends at golf course club house after nine holes of golf & she & this guy are chatting – at separate table, away from his group – special effort – It now has me wondering, if he made up lies that were damaging to my W, I can not imagine them being so chummy, unless of course there was something there & they more or less got away with it?? <P>I am tempted to call the W & revisit what her side of the story was, but of course don’t want to potentially reopen wounds that may cause hardship & this may be innocent. Would there be public records for this divorce filing & it possible for me to get a copy of divorce filing? Or, would I be a real numb skull to call the Wife??<BR>Thanks!<BR>HH<P>

B
B
Depends on what state you are in - but in NJ, if you file for adultery (which I did) you have to name the other party by name, that person has to be served and has the right to come to court and defend themselves.<P>------------------<BR><I>Pain is a given, misery is optional.</I>

H
OP Offline
H
BrambleRose,<BR>Thanks for reply! We live in PA.<BR>What you descibed about adultry could fit into what was being asked for of my W -- can't say for sure, but she was definately going to be called into court.<BR>It seems I was told it was just a part of a longer story or pattern -- I remember that my W seemed to convince his W that there was nothing there -- at the time I thought it was aqusations about passes -- I wonder now, why a "pass" would be significant??<BR>Would I be too insensative to call this women? This happened just over 10 years ago.<BR>My W never went to court -- That is to my knowledge -- my recent expereince has taught me that she can be very independent & do a lot of things I have no knowledge of.<BR>Are there records I could obtain of the divorce fillings?<BR>Thanks again!<BR>Peace be with you!<BR>HH

M
max Offline
M
If there was a court hearing the transcripts will be public knowledge and can be attained. For a fee you should be able to get these from the court library or department that handles transcripts.

B
B
Ohio attorney here. Not sure exactly what your question is about calling wife. In theory, if we ue adultry in Ohio we are supposed to name the other person, but seldom. It also falls under gross neglect of duty and extreme cruelty. Anyway, all court records should be open for you to look at, inpsect and copy. However, don't know about PA, but some depositions remained sealed(from the judge and therefore the public) if filed unless there is a trial, in which case it is generally opened there. There is a cost for copies from the file and transcripts can be expensive.<P>------------------<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 610 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation