Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
RobC Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Been plan a'ing for a month now. I have given her space and respected her wishes of no pushing. She has gotten the Dobson letter as well. After last tuesday, a good conversation, my wife will not even talk to me. Go to pick up the kids, they are standing out in the driveway. Drop them off, they were told to come up and come in. Yesterday, took the kids out to work with them on soccer and football. I arrived to drop them off, she was sitting outside on the steps which are covered with ivy. Couldnt see her after pulling in. She didnt stand up, say hi, or anthing. Why would she pull back even more now? Kids also told me that she is considering buying a house next-door to her best friend. It is an additional 10 miles away. There is even talk of taking them out of their current school and moving them into another school in that district.<P>I dont know where she is getting that kind of money, but I am sure that her wealthy dad is somewhere in the mix. He has always bought her off over all these years.<BR> <BR>Also, it is her birthday tomorrow. Should I call and say happy birthday? She didnt for me, but I feel like I should not let that change who I am.<P>Hmmmmmmmmmm!<P>

S
S
I'd say allow her to set the tone. No birthday call from her? Well then no birthday call from <I>you</I>. If nothing else, letting go will help you to shift your focus away from her.

R
RobC Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Well, I emailed a happy birthday prior to reading your post. Also asked if she was down. Nothing! Just an email back telling me she would get the medical documents about my son faxed to her office so I wouldnt need to go home and get them. Why is she distancing herself more. I havent been pushy or anything. Could it be that she is cutting the ties with me? Its like she is Plan B'ing me. Why would she do this? She has gotten colder through the plan a'ing. She wont even go to counseling to put some closure to this sorid mess!

S
S
Model success and happiness for your children, and allow <I>her</I> time to work out whatever her own problems are. Don't even ask the kids about her.

R
RobC Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I will. Thanks SIS. I have been, but I have been finding it hard. However, I think the benfits will outweigh my uncomfortableness

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation