Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#701438 08/27/01 09:40 AM
R
RobC Offline OP
OP Offline
R
You all can probably tell, I am up and down these days as are most of us. Wife is withdrawing (again) and I have felt so helpless. I suppose that is because I am counting on my. Just went to a website <A HREF="http://www.rejoiceministries.com" TARGET=_blank>www.rejoiceministries.com</A> and read about standers and people who reach out to God instead of their spouses. They mentioned a verse in Isaiah and it was just what I needed to hear:<P>"I (God) work and who can hinder me?" WOW what a promise and it is good to know that "if God is for me, who can be against me". I have received a great blessing today. I will let go and let God!<P>

#701439 08/28/01 12:15 AM
O
O
Truly that's all you can do! I too have found tremendous release from that verse... also consider Stephen, who was smiling as he was being stoned to death... why? Because he had let go and had his eyes on Jesus... there's not promise of no pain... in fact pain is part of the equation... it's just you need to FEAR NOT and face it with God. He doesn't want you to do it alone! He wants you to do it with Him and His ambassadors here on earth!<P>Thanks for the encouraging verse again!<P>Cheers,<BR>Nicole<P>------------------<BR><I>"You will deceive yourself into believing that if people, circumstances, and events had been different, your pain would not exist...Your pain is the concrete way in which you participate in the pain of humanity."</I> <BR>~ Henri Nouwen ~

#701440 08/27/01 01:24 PM
I
I
thank you for sharing... i know God is good and He is the only way to real peace. but i forget so fast. my heart get's troubled and opps, there goes my faith. In Psalms we are also admonished "not to put our trust in man". i think that would be our spouses... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I always need to be remined that God is good, so I can pick my self up one more time...<P>God Bless...<P>Kim...

#701441 08/27/01 02:10 PM
P
P
GOD IS GOOD! ALL THE TIME!<P>I've often said it's the "all the time" part I tend to forget. Thanks for the reminder.<P>I have a little card on my desk that says:<BR>This Day is Mine<P>YESTERDAY is beyond my reach, I cannot, by wishing or ignoring, alter a single moment.<P>TOMORROW is not yet within my grasp. Only God knows what the future holds, and He is worthy of my trust.<P>but TODAY is mine.<BR>and today, with God's help, <BR>I know I can succeed.<P>God Bless us all ( I stole that but it is appropriate [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation