|
|
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 72
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 72 |
Two weeks ago my wife of three years (what's up with the third year of marriage? Is see so many posting in here from people in the third year of marriage) told me that she is thinking of ending our marriage. Since that time we've spend a considerable amount of time and energy figuring out what the problems are. I think we've made some headway, but haven't solved anything. We are seeking counseling, but are having a hard time find someone to help us. On Friday, my wife told me that she is pregnant. Now we are faced with a decision. Keep the baby even though we may split or terminate the pregnancy. Our initial reaction was to terminate, but since we've both have had second thoughts. We both know that a baby will not solve our situation, but is it fair to bring a baby into this world with these problems hanging over our heads? Comments please.....<P><BR>Please spare me the pro-life jank.<P>Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,213
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,213 |
I saw your other post on WM's thread, I don't know, perhaps the 7 year itch is now the 3 year itch? I was with my ex 10 years, however , only married 3??<P>I don't know your whole story, but you commented that 2 weeks ago, your wife approached you for possibly ending the marriage. Then you recently found out she is pregnant.<P>I don't dare want to get into the prolife issue, however, I want to tell you this. I have 3 children. With all 3 of them, I became incredibly depressed, right before I found out I was pregnant. I am talking about crying all the time, analyzing life differently, thinking of life changing decisions. I'm no doctor, but perhaps this is partially hormones from being pregnant? I think it would definetly be worth asking the counselor when you go. <P>If you had problems before her decision, which it sounds like you did, you have time together to work on your marriage before the baby comes, and I'll be the first to admit, kids change everything, however, just my opinion, talk to the counselor about the severity of your marital problems, many problems are able to be fixed. Take time to save your marriage, now you have more reason than ever to do so.<P>Good luck, Dana<BR>
|
|
|
Moderated by Ariel, BerlinMB, Denali, Fordude, IrishGreen, MBeliever, MBsurvivor, MBSync, McLovin, Mizar, PhoenixMB, Toujours
|
0 members (),
192
guests, and
35
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|