Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
let the babes roll in!<P>ahhhhhh, babes, where are you?<P>Hello?? someone?? anyone??<P>oh well, back to work being a Dad,<P>Saturday, I have a 9AM daughter's U10 soccer game to watch, two U12 soccer games to referee, my son's U14 game to coach . . . . . . Yep, I still like the being the Dad!!<P>good luck everyone, oh, and the legal review by the judge took 5 minutes, but prejudgement, the X's lawyer didn't have all the paperwork finished, she was doing it on the fly. She kept trying to cut corners, I wouldn't let her.<P>and then my lawyers secratary just announced with 4 kids, she is getting a divorce. . . . is the world gone mad? My lawyer pointed out another lawyer at the court who was on methadone, that's refreshing!!!!<P>peace and candles<P>tom<P>

K
K
Gee Tom<P>Not sure what the proper response is..."Congrats" doesn't sound quite right [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>How about best wishes for your future!<P>Kathi

N
N
Hey Tom,<P>I think it's good that you have had closure on this, but it must be an odd feeling to be finally a divorcee. You sound content with the finality, that's great. Keep your head high!<P>Jacky

W
W
Well WIFTT,<P>I'm not going to let you in the club unless you first tell me the password.<P>That lawyer on methadone I think was mine. My first lawyer ended up having a nervous breakdown or something and I just never heard from him again, not even a bill! So I had to find another lawyer to wrap it up. I guess in a way I was kind of lucky.<P>Yes it is a mad world. Insane if you ask me. I don't know what to say to you either, other than I know that it is both a strange unsettling feeling and yet a relief to have it over at the same time.<P>As for babes, there are plenty here. But in the real world, most of us are doing the same thing you are, taking our kids to soccer - all the time, every day it seems.<P>Take care.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Kathy

711 Offline
Well, here you are. I know it must be somewhat of a relief to have that behind you. It's not what any of us ever wanted but nonetheless we are here.<P>And, I am another one of those soccer parents. But, our game was cancelled this weekend. So, we are taking it easy this weekend.<P>Take care Tom!<P>Jen<BR>

D
D
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WhenIfindthetime:<BR>let the babes roll in!<BR>ahhhhhh, babes, where are you?<BR>Hello?? someone?? anyone??<BR>oh well, back to work being a Dad,<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks- I'm sick as a dog today, and I needed that laugh.<P>Hope you find a babe or two at your daughter's soccer match.<P>

O
O
Peace bru-tha... <P>Blessings and more to you and yours...!<P>Nicole<P>------------------<BR><I>"You will deceive yourself into believing that if people, circumstances, and events had been different, your pain would not exist...Your pain is the concrete way in which you participate in the pain of humanity."</I> <BR>~ Henri Nouwen ~

R
R
All best to your future, Tom!<P>Take great care of your little ones!<P>Gayle

A
A
Good luck with your future Tom!<P>Oh BTW, I never roll in, but I do strut in [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Would that work too?hehe<P>ANNA<P>

J
J
Tom,<P>Boy does your post bring back memories for me. The day my divorce was final I felt nothing. I didn't cry or even really feel sad. I guess in away I was just kind of relieved to finally have it over. When I left the courthouse I called my ex and left a message on his phone that I hoped he was happy because now he was a free man. <P>For the first few months actually after the divorce was final I was fine. Then it hit and it hit hard. It was like one day I woke up and I finally realized this was a permanant thing. It took me awhile to bring myself back out of that. I still have my days, like today when I came across a picture of us and the kids and it really hurt. <P>I just want you to be prepared, that you may not feel this way always.<P>If you do have a bad day go with it. A person can't put away their hurt or it will just build up. You will be entitled to you bad days.<P>Jill

J
J
Hey Tom,<P>Welcome to the ranks of the divorced, single men [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

C
C
Tom, I've been there and done that. It's a weird feeling but I have a feeling that you were about as ready to get it over with as I was. I remember being a strange mixture of happy and sad when I walked out of the courtroom. (But it was sort of hysterical that we cracked the judge up with the bizarre arrangements we had worked out and the fact that what we fought over was the division of the Chrismas decorations.<P>If you ever need a date for an office party, just send me an e-mail. As long as I don't have to fly in or out of Logan.<P>And maybe you should keep hoping for an 0n-the-job accident?

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks, everyone.<P>Well, its no different today than a week ago, its just the timing could not have been better with my finances. lets just say it happened not a moment too late. or is that too soon.<P>She is back to her OCD ways, and she has absolutely no parenting skills what so ever, i parent by showing them the right way to do things, and how to make good decisions, etc. and how to treat people nicely, or rather not to take poor treatment and then just complain, but to do something.<P>If my current job situation works out and continues well, life will be very good, and the kids will have a much better life with better options.<P>thanks, and am i tough on them as far as growing up to be good kids. I hate the crap she does and the kids imitate. and i don't take it at all from them. . . . like X does. . . <P>i am almost healed, not quite.<P>sWIFTTy<BR>

M
M
Hi..."babe" here. ;-)<P>Just gotta say, keep the faith guy! You are on the road to healing...and guess what? It's not a destination...it's what happens on the way. You're getting it!!<P>My H said (three weeks ago) that he'd be looking at/filling out the divorce forms "this week" and then getting together with me (and a mediator) to review them. Yea....right....three weeks ago. I've made a resolve not to let it go beyond October 1st to start the ball rolling. It's time.<P>Hey, it's not what I wanted; it's not what I planned; it's not what I hoped....but it's gonna happen. And I am A-OK with that. My life has been blessed and I am really happy....even without my H. Because happiness isn't "out there"....it's "in here"...in my heart. And in yours.<P>Here's to you! God bless!<BR>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O<BR>

B
B
Hey Friend,<P>I'm finally back on line.......<P>Well, if you'd got me yesterday I would have been a "babe" but today, I just don't feel like it... (read my post)<P>Who knows what tomorrow will bring, what time can you get here!!!!!!<P>As for your news, I'm sorry it came to this. I know the feelings of not quite believing that it will happen, that they will come to their senses in time, and then it goes through.<P>Keep your chin up, and go with the flow. Let yourself be sad if you want to, but put a time limit on it. And somehow, the sad times become less and less and fun times with the kids take over. I love having my girls to myself. It wears me out, and stresses me out, but the good family quality times are worth all the whinging and whining......<BR>On a cheeky high note, maybe there's a yummy mummy at football just waiting for you to catch her eye hmmmmmm!!!<P>Take care my friend, and talk to you soon<P>Jo

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mature, 1 invisible), 1,216 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation