Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#704702 09/27/01 04:16 AM
G
Griz Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hey There Everyone,<P>Just thought I would drop by and say hello. Let everyone know that I am still alive and well. My life is just getting better and better. As you can tell by the time of this post, I now work the night shift, 7PM to 7AM. Crazy? Maybe!! But now I get more time with my oldest D, and because I am home during the day, I get to see my youngest D almost daily. My 8 yo Son get to visit every other weekend, and when he is out of school.<P>My ex looks like crap. The lovely OM (you know, mr. high and mighty that was way better than I could have ever been) is still treating her like sh*t. He constantly make fun of her, brow beats her, and degrades her. She has lost more weight, her hair is blonder by the week, and she has no spark in her eyes. Most of the time that I have to deal with her, she looks like she is on the verge of tears, and has cried on a couple of occasions. I have not seen her smile in over 2 months. Looks like the grass turned out to be dead and withered on the other side [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>I am still seeing the woman that my first ex introduced me to. That seems to be going good. Looks like my life is taking a huge turn for the better.<P>Hope all is going well with everyone else.<P>Griz<P>------------------<BR>Sometimes the hardest journeys in life are not the ones you embark on alone, but those that you choose to travel together.

#704703 09/27/01 09:40 AM
C
C
Griz - thanks for dropping in - and for the update.<P>Isn't it wonderful to be alive and doing well.<P>I'd never want anyone to go through the hell that the end of a marriage brings. But, when you finally emerge from that hell, life can indeed be sweet if you work hard on yourself.

#704704 09/27/01 10:14 AM
E
E
Griz,<BR>Life is better when you are away from misery. I have to laugh under my breathe about my situation. I was the WS, but eventually told the man to go back to his wife and work things out with her if he truly loved her and she would take him back. He has called me a couple of times wanting to go to lunch, but I made up excuses and I will never go that route again --- too much pain and hurt for everyone involved.<P>Anyway, my X got a woman pregnant about a week after I left. He married her because it was the right thing to do. How ironic, they got married on my birthday last year Sept. 29th, 2000. He has gained almost 50 lbs. since the divorce, from 230 to 280 and is only 5'10", WOW ---- very unhealthy. I have always been able to keep my weight off by exercising and playing sports with my girls. My 15 yr old taught me how to play golf and I really like it. This is something we will be able to do for many years to come. I didn't have a clue about golf when we first started. My 16 yr old is playing lacrosse in the Spring, don't have a clue about that either, but I guess I'll be learning. In a way, they challenge each other for my attention ---- so nice to be loved by your own teenagers [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Its sad that my X doesn't take the time to enjoy the girls and their sports, one day when it is gone, he will realize it ---- but it will be too late then. Glad things are good for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 968 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation