Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#704812 09/27/01 11:19 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 116
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 116
<BR>Help im going crazy..My stbx walked out and left me 1 wk before i had our son..We both caused the seperation..We rushed into marriage, but we stuck it out and decided rushing into it wasnt a valid enough reason to get divorced in the beggining. Well we will be married 2 yrs at the end of august. He left and moved to another state back home with mom and dad..(He was laid off)..Well I begged and cried and did anything i could to try and make him come back and not give up..But he refused and said he didn't love me the way i thought he did..Well after about 2 months of all this begging i gave up and gave in...So i filed for the divorce partially because he was in another state..We decided to compromise on things to make the process easier..So i sent him the paperwork..And after he recieved the papers he emailed me as if being annoyed by my asking if he got them..he said dont rush me into signing them..WHAT??..So i asked him 1 more time if he wanted the divorce and he said yes..So i said fine send me the papers so we can get this over with..I want to start my life and have this all behind me..Well it's been a month since he got the papers and he still hasnt sent them to me...I email him and ask him over and over again to send them to me..He just avoids the subject in whole and won't talk about the paperwork..I'm getting really fed up he wants the divorce so bad..Well why won't he send me the papers what is he waiting for??...I'm tired of all these games..Any opinons or ideas on my dilema...Anyone have any good suggestions on how i can get him to send me the papers...I love my husband but i can't be with someone who doesnt love me..

#704813 09/28/01 03:35 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,912
_
Member
Member
_ Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,912
Jc's_Mom,<P>I think he's not sure what he wants. So, he wants to keep you on the shelf until she's sure he doesn't want you. Maybe you shound just leave him alone for awhile. He will call you.<P>Disclaimer : Remember, my life is messed up and I have no qualifications to advise anybody about anything.<P>-AD

#704814 09/29/01 10:16 AM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 8,079
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 8,079
LOL AD, I love the disclaimer...<P>JC's Mom, I have a friend who went through this..are you trying to do this yourself or do you have an atty? if you have an atty and the papers are sent to him by them they have so many days to respond..if they refuse to sign you get divorced by default..<P>But, you said in another post that he's unsure about your son, if it's his or not, I understand that you don't want to get a paternity test..but, if you are really 100% sure that this child is HIS..then why fight it?? Yes, I understand that it's a trust issue and he should just trust that it's his child..but that isn't always the case..and not always to any fault of our own that they don't trust..and maybe by your stepping up and saying -- okay I love you, and I know that I have NOT been sexual with ANYONE else..and I know 100% postitively that this child is yours..and I want to ease your doubts..I will have it done..but, by your refusal to help ease his fears..actually helps feed them..and he will always wonder if he is the childs the father..So even though you may not have done anything wrong..if you really want to save your marriage you have to compromise..and if easing his doubts about you this is going to cost what about $800 for a paternity test? as oppposed to the loss of a marriage..and a family?? I think the money would be well spent..so swollow your pride and tell him okay..I am 100% sure that this is your son that I will do this..but to him..<BR>by your refusing to give in to a paternity test..then in his mind..your guilty and have something to hide..


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0