Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#704823 09/28/01 08:36 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
Hi!<P>Just checking in to say hello, and the D/D board is so SLOW tonight (sorry, this morning!!!)<P>Anyone got anything to share? A joke? Funny story? Something that happened lately?<P>Okay I'll start with good news...I finally got my car [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]...and it is a beaut! I took the kids out today and we had a good time at the mall, got them lunch and haircuts, and did some shopping for snack food for them before they eat muy mum out of house and home. It was a beautiful day here today...and why do I feel so up now? I don't know, because I talked with h today and it didn't go well, so I should be right at the bottom of the ride. Oh well ! Can't predict ANYTHING these days [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>love and light, Jacky

#704824 09/28/01 08:40 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 354
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 354
I am here! happy Friday. <BR>Can you tell me how to use the "smiles"<P>You feel "UP" becasue you have taken control of your life back from your H! Yes, the world does not revolve around him! I am so gald to see you happy. did you get the candles?<P>Michelle<p>[This message has been edited by eyes_wide_shut (edited September 28, 2001).]

#704825 09/28/01 08:51 AM
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 176
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 176
Hy Nina,<BR>Great news on the car. I am moving into my new "pad" today!<BR>I have the kids this weekend, soccer game tomorrow morning. Dont think the wife is coming. We just had a good conversation on the phone. I am afraid she is going out of town this weekend. If it is true, I am sure my mind will really start to spin about OM. How do you cope with the fact that they are finding intimacy with someone ELSE.<BR>That is so hard. I try and not think about it, but I just cant help it.<BR>

#704826 09/28/01 09:00 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 7,027
*
Member
Member
* Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 7,027
I'm spending it - celebrating - 42 is good!!!<P>I woke up early and am doing my thing while the kids sleep in - I gave them the day off from school. One works later - so we are doing bd lunch. A friend is coming for lunch - tacos and salad... <P>So I'm enjoying my morning coffee - at MB - what a way to spend your birthday!<BR>

#704827 09/28/01 09:07 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
YAY!!! SOme people to talk to, no disrespect to other forums I've been crashing tonight!!!<P>Hi Michelle...yes I answered you in the cinders thread...go look! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You are right, I feel up, up, up! I told him today I wanted to buy a house and not rent...this means coming up with more money from shares, I laid it on the line...he was annoyed but I was insistent in the nicest way. So he says he will think about it (as if he can do anything to change my mind)...ooohhh! I am getting nasty, but I have to think long term here.<P>But I have WHEELS, girl, and that IS powerful!<P>I could have got candles today, but taking the kids into a shop like that would have stressed me out...I should be able to slip up there tomorrow. It's hard here though, to find a quiet, alone space for meditation. Hey that sounds like an excuse...I will find a place, even if it is in the garage!!!<P>And how are you my friend?<P>Love to you and yours!!!<P><BR>RobC (((((((((((((((((Rob-baby))))))))))))))))))))<P>I know, and so do many of us here that you will be in pain this weekend. I also am overwhelmed by feelings that my H now has total freedom to be with OW any time he wants now. In fact he said tonight he had been seeing a few of our theatre friends...I know he actually told me that so I would KNOW he had seen her. I didn't bite [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. <P>I take solace in the fact that she IS a B***h (99% of the cast can't be wrong!!!) and he will either have to learn to put up or shut up or get out of that...so I then think it's not a problem! And what kind of a man takes up with a married lady? think of the power he feels from that. But that WILL all wear off for both of them Rob, and you will be there for her when it does.<P>Do you have access to the site on the weekend? I hope you can come and chat.<P>Love and light,<P>jackyu<BR>

#704828 09/28/01 09:10 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
(((((((((((((((seekingjoy2)))))))))))))))))<P>Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, <BR>Happy Birthday dear friend,<BR>Happy birthday to you!!!<P>Yay!!!<P>42!!! You don't write like a day over thirty! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Now I have to put a post up to wish you a happy birthday you know!!!<P>Love and light,<P>Jacky

#704829 09/28/01 09:16 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 7,027
*
Member
Member
* Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 7,027
Thank you!!! THank you!!! THank you VERY MUCH!!!!<P>I don't feel a day over thirty - and I don't look A DAY over 29!!!<P>I'm having a great morning.... I've been singing all morning - my favorite song... <P>Oh what a beautiful morning,<BR>oh what a beautiful day,<BR>oh what a beautiful morning<BR>everything's going my way...<P>drives my kids bonkers!!!!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jan

#704830 09/28/01 09:16 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 354
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 354
Funny, your H says he will think about it, Like he really has an option. LOL!<P>I am very good today! Again Glad to see you so up! You need to get some sleep soon though.<P>Love & Light,<P>Michelle

#704831 09/28/01 09:31 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
NAH, it's Saturday, kids can eat oreos for breakfast for all i care!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>i feel somewhat in a fog tonight myself!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#704832 09/28/01 10:28 AM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
Happy Birthday to our favorite birthday girl of the day!!!<P>Jacky - at my house Oreos have medicinal value. They are good for whatever ails you and are on the list of approved food to feed the sick and suffering.<P>BTW - my children have a new favorite food, Only we will finish the package today and I have no idea where I can buy them locally. Violet Crumbles!! Got them at the Australia Festival and we love them.<BR>F

#704833 09/28/01 10:41 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
OOOHHHH!<P>I love Violet Crumbles!!!<P>Bad for teeth, GREAT for BS blues!!!.<P>Maybe you can buy some honeycomb and dip it in chocolate yourself???<P>Got to go to bed guys, but keep posting! I haven't seen a few names lately!!!<P>Love and light,<P>Jacky

#704834 09/28/01 01:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 562
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 562
this is a great thread jacky...just people chit chatting and no negetivity. great for a day like to day. i am so happy that many of us are not hurting today. God is good.<P>i know you are in bed now and i am barely starting my day here in cali, but i wanted to bond with you all... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>good news about the car. i think when a woman gets some independance she seems to feel a little less needy. what do you think? you keep up the up swing. we are both on the up together so i know exactly how you feel. i am looking for a place and i have the money to move. my bills are paid up and i feel like i can go on. thank God. wow! this is truly great. i want to stay here on the up swing. <P>e_w_s [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]...<BR>the smiles are in the smiles legend right on the side of the place where you post "Your Reply".<P>hey robc,<P>i spent a lot of nights wondering what and whom my ex was with. i used to drive by his dad's in the middle of the night just to see if his car was there [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] how crazy is that. i found out all info on ow and would also drive by her place [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] i was just a nut. but take it from me the concern of whom they are with will wear off when you feel better about you. when you beleive that you were and still are the best thing for your spouse and it is their loss. then you will not torture yourself anymore...<P>seking joy [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>happy birthday to you<BR>happy birthday to you<BR>happy birthday dear sj<BR>happy birthday to you... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>cinderella [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>good morning/afternoon to you.<P>God bless you all. i'll pray for a great weekend for all.<P>love kim...<P>

#704835 09/28/01 01:11 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,063
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,063
Jan,<P>HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!<P>I would sing it to you, but my dang neighbors won't allow me to sing anymore! grrrrrr [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Take care,<P>ANNA<P>

#704836 09/28/01 01:42 PM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
We have nothing like the center of the Violet Crumbles - that I know of. I think I can order them from the vendor - in Atlanta, Georgia - which is a 4 hour drive away. So, I might be able to find them there.<P><BR>(This is my 1996th post!)

#704837 09/28/01 02:09 PM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
We have nothing like the center of the Violet Crumbles - that I know of. I think I can order them from the vendor - in Atlanta, Georgia - which is a 4 hour drive away. So, I might be able to find them there.<P>Oh, I do have something funny to share... About my son.<P>He is such a verbally precocious thing it isn't funny.<P>But the other day his teacher was doing a handwriting lesson and told the class to cross the lower case t on the dotted line. (His school starts kindergarteners on cursive so, in second grade, that's how he writes.) But, he is a strong willed child. Very. And does not deal well with the concept of "NO". And I understand that, if you cross the t on the dotted line, sometimes the cross is hard to see. But he told her that he didn't want to cross the t there because, "It distresses me to cross it on the line."<P>The other day, one of our cat's got left inside and she needed a litter box so she chose his bed. When he discovered the gift, he came running to me, saying, "Mama, one of the cats left dung terds on my bed." Of course, I stepped in and saved the day and did laundry right then. Then, two days later, he said the cat could come back upstairs into the living area because, "Her detention is over."<P><BR>(This is my 1996th post!)

#704838 09/28/01 07:15 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,294
Wow,<P>Good to see some happy thoughts!!<P>I am still up today, so that's a blessing!<P>My son came and told me a joke he says he made up. Do you get the Mr Men books there? If not, you'll get the joke anyway.<P>What did Mr Bump do when he bumped his head?<P>He went to the school of hard knocks!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>He's at the sick joke stage!<P>


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0