Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#705225 10/02/01 02:29 PM
G
Goodguy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi all,<P>Just needed to get something off my chest. I'm feeling really alone at the moment. It has been five days since WS moved out of our house and in with OM whom she has known for only three months now. To be honest it was a relief at first not to have her around because of me planAing my heart out and getting NOTHING in return. Even now I have flashes of shock that the woman I love and the woman who at one time would do anything in the world for me is now somewhere in Denver living with another man. Its just so bizarre how fast this has all changed. I have been trying to do things for myself. I started running and playing the guitar again. It makes me feel better but everytime I pull into our driveway there is still a second where my heart stops and I hope to see her car again. This valley holds so many good memories of us, everywhere I go something new comes to mind. But its that house. A house where our hopes and dreams were just coming out and together we had such a happy future thought of. Now it is empty. Quiet. And missing all the belongings of my wife. Her smell is still on our pillows. Our bed, our first purchase as a couple, where we would make love for hours is empty and seems way to big for one person. No longer do the cats come around and look for a little rubbing. Now the chair at our really ugly dining table stares at me blankly while I eat and doesn't talk back to me. There is no one to make hot chocolate for and give foot rubs to. Its so hard to take that she tells me I treated her better than she could have ever imagined and that in such a short time while we were going through some rough times this is how she deals with it. I heard the words for better or worse come out of her mouth at our wedding and we never even got to really bad times. More than anything it is hard to come home and not talk about your day to someone especially when that's what you did for everyday except once in six years. I miss her. Period.

N
N
I only have a glimpse at your life. <P>Have you thought of sending that to her? I know if she is in the fog it may cause more harm than good but it is very touching.<P><BR>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Goodguy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Sorry you're here.<P>

L
L
((((((((( GoodGuy )))))))))<P>Man, I feel for you. I went through that 5 months ago and now divorced 3. I'm just now preparing to move out of our big empty quiet home. The hardest thing for me was staring at the blank spaces on the wall where pictures of a happy wife or family once rested.<P>Minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day things do get better. Take it slow, fully experience every emotion when it occurs and then move on to the next emotion. <P>It sounds like you're starting to do some things and that is so good. I put a lot of energy in to song writing when I was at your point. Recently I got one copy right protected and as soon as I get a couple more I'm having a demo CD cut to submit to Nashville. <P>Best of luck to you my brother.....<P>------------------<BR>Love, Bill<P>-There are none so blind as those who refuse to see!-<BR>-Stand up and do the right thing, even if your standing alone.-

G
G
Hey, GoodGuy: <BR>Of course, I am very sorry to hear what you are going through. I am feeling the same feelings and going through the same things. The only difference is that I am about a month behind you. My Wife is due to move out next month.<P>God, it hurt reading your post, because you described what I feel so completely. Also, what LostHusband said about the photographs really hit home.<P>I will pray for you and pray that your loneliness can be ended very, very soon.<BR>You are not alone, though it feels that way. We are all here for each other.<P>Keep the faith, Brother.<P>vb_guy

M
M
Hi Goodguy,<P>I'm so sorry you're feeling what you are right now. I can certainly relate....and I'm 2 years down the road ( <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum34/HTML/004639.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum34/HTML/004639.html</A> )! However, I'm only having a temporary set back. Be ready for those....they sneak up and bite you!<P>I know it's incredibly hard to believe how fast and hard this has all come down, and even harder to believe that things will get better, but they will....even with the set backs. Just treat yourself good and draw near to God. You will get thru this and hopefully as an even better good guy. <P>My good thoughts and prayers are with you. It really is all so sad. Life isn't meant to be this way. <P>Hang in there....<BR>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O<p>[This message has been edited by Mrs.O (edited October 02, 2001).]

N
N
((((((((((((((((Brandon)))))))))))))))))))<P>I know, too.<P>Love and light,<P>Jacky

A
A
Goodguy,<P>All your feelings are so normal. It's going to take a long time, but just talking about it and writing it out really does help. <P>Hey, we are tied in pool right now, so when you get an opportunity email me and let's play again. I plan to clear the table and not even give you a chance at our next game. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Take care,<P>ANNA<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation