Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Triggers...don't we all hate them?<P>When this was all new to me I bought a book to try and pass the time. I chose it cos it was getting good reviews, but I hate it, and I will never finish it. <P>It is called "The Hanging Tree" by David Lambkin...in case you haven't read it, it is about an archaeologist in the present thinking about one in the past who had an affair, and she has one too in the present. OH, GOOD choice of reading matter at a time like this!!!<P>Anyone else???

N
OP Offline
N
C'mon you guys... I know you must read more than SAA and stuff!!

N
N
The Bridges of Madison Garden (I think that was the name)<P>Now I mainly read self help books. I need all the help I can get.

D
D
Well, everytime I think about how I try to show my wife I love her, and she refuses to accept it because she thinks I can't love her, I think to myself:<P>"That's some catch, that catch-22."

A
A
Well, I did self-help for awhile, but have not read any in several weeks. How much help can one person take anyway. We're not THAT screwed up are we.<P>So, I decided to read something classic. So, I chose Catcher in the Rye, just started it. Thought it would be something a little different, cerebral Well, I hear this story on public radio on classic books that are still popular, and one of the biggest sellers on Amazon.com remains....you guessed it! So much for unusual.<P>Here's another good book story. i was over at the house watching the kids last month, and spotted a dusty copy of Thomas Moore's 'Soul Mates' on the bookshelf. So, I was going to take it and read it. W said 'Oh, i was thinking of reading that too. Let me have it back when you're done.' Well, I get it home, open it up and there, on inside is inscription from...me. I had given it to W for Valentine's Day ten years ago.<P>Calling that ironic would be an understatement!<P>Take care Jacky. Hope it is going well in Oz.

C
C
How about an ironic "trigger" book?<P>A couple of years ago, we had Dr. John Gray on our radio show. He sent us a few copies of his then-new book "Mars & Venus on a Date." I thought "what possible use could I have for this? After all, I'm married!" I took it home anyway.<P>Now it sits in my bookshelf, mocking me. I opened it up one day, and it talked about finding your "soul-mate"...yuk!<BR><p>[This message has been edited by cjack (edited October 03, 2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation