Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#706458 10/19/01 07:33 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Wish me luck - tomorrow we start our first session of counseling. I've spent half the afternoon reading everyones posts. It's given me a bit of extra strength. I'm still scared to death of the future and of what tomorrow will bring. I'm so glad I found this site. It gives me hope and right now that's not so easy to come by.

#706459 10/19/01 08:06 PM
X
X
Hiya Hope,<BR>Welcome to MB<BR>Best of luck to ya tomorrow and everyday after. Folks' posts are very helpful, but, if you haven't, please also read the Harley's articles about emotional needs, Plan A/B, etc.<BR>BTW...this site slows way down on weekends....makes me wonder if folks don't have enough to do at work! LOL<P>Again, Good Luck tomorrow, Hope.<P>Xman

#706460 10/19/01 08:23 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the welcome Xman. I've spent the last several days looking at MB site and reading all the info there. I just took me several days to build up the guts to post. Tomorrow will soon be here and past - worst is the waiting to get started. My husband has told me that he's hoping the counselor will be able to help him figure out if he still loves me or not. Rips me open just type that. We shall see what tomorrow and the future brings. Thanks for good luck.<P>Hope

#706461 10/19/01 09:07 PM
G
G
Hi Hope,<P>I too am glad you found this site if it helps. Know that you are NOT alone. We all have felt exactly what you are feeling. Though that doesn't make you feel better just know that you can get through this. I know tomorrow is scary but just the fact that your husband has agreed to go to counseling is a big step in the right direction. Keep your head up and stay strong. I understand about the first post being hard but we are all here for you. If you have any questions what so ever someone here has probably had to deal with the same question. Also, this is a great place to vent. If the hubby makes you mad DON"T take it out on him. Come here and just let the words fly. I promise you it helps. Stay strong.<P>Brandon

#706462 10/19/01 09:34 PM
J
J
We always tend to fear the unknown, you have made it this far and you will still survive no matter what, good luck, you have a better chance than most of us so take advantage of it and take care of yourself.

#706463 10/19/01 09:47 PM
P
P
HI Hope,<BR> I agree with GOODGUY, the fact that your H will go to counseling is an AWESOME sign!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Please don't be let down by his words just now. He is in what we call a "fog" and MOST of what he says comes from only God knows where!! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <BR> We've all heard "I love you BUT, I'm not IN LOVE with you" <BR> That's like saying "I want to eat but I'm afraid to chew" [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <BR> Don't worry, you are in a good place here with good caring people. We'll help you through this and YOU WILL SURVIVE either way.<BR> Do not adjust your TV set, you have been chosen to learn WAY more than you want about yourself, relationships, and love in general. You WILL come out the other end, tired AND a better person I promise!! <BR> GOOD LUCK & PRAYERS FRANK

#706464 10/20/01 11:57 AM
S
S
Hope,<P>Glad to hear that your H is going to counseling. Keep your chin up... you'll hear things come out of his mouth that you never heard before and you'll wonder to yourself... "who is this person"... just let him vent... REMEMBER.... he is in the FOG...<P>Sit tall and strong...(I know you won't be feeling this way) Just make yourself do it.<P>KEEP reading here... read as much as you can.<BR>go to the library and get some of the books.<P>Remember... He's in the FOG...<P>Blessings and positive thoughts to you...<P>Scoick

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation