Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#706465 10/19/01 09:24 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I am not new, however I feel I no longer deserve the reminder of a 'name' that is a sorry commentary on the life I leave behind.<P>I have been leading a 'double life' here for many months ... I took on a second ID after I felt I was unfairly attacked due to some of my choices ... and I am no longer willing to hide behind two aliases ... so I emerge as a new entity. The keen will be rewarded with the knowledge of who I was then and who I am now.<P>It would be little work to figure me out, but as I am starting over in life I'd like a chance to start over here as well, with a fresh new happy name and a fresh new happy outlook.<P>By my words I will be known. :}

#706466 10/19/01 09:29 PM
G
G
Hmmm who could you be. Welcome back. You are always welcome here.

#706467 10/20/01 07:32 AM
J
J
I am sorry if you felt attacked here, emotions run hi and we all tend to read some things and just go off, based on our own experience. We all have our own thoughts and opinions and we are allowed to have them, It takes more courage to stand up and let people know who you. It is better to stand for what you say and do. If you feel you were wrong in some ways and have changed then I believe a person should stand and admitt they did wrong and seek forgivness and never do those things again. I am wondering if you were attacked ? then are you a way ward spouse. Is this whats my LIne? LOL. How many here remember that show or am I showing my age ? LOL

#706468 10/20/01 07:39 AM
-
-
Jabber,<BR>I remember that one, watched it with my mom and my grandmom. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<BR> <BR>Princess,<BR>As for the name change, I feel that with all the lies,deciet and emotional upheaval that people are going through in here, It is only fair that you be honest with those of us that you are dealing with.<P>Otherwise you are liable to be rejected again, due to the fact that you are setting up a trust issue.<P><BR>??Nyneve????<BR>Just my thoughts.<P>Wishing you well in the changes in your life.<P>-Kat-<p>[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: -Kat- ]

#706469 10/20/01 08:08 AM
N
N
I agree....come clean, there should be total honesty here! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#706470 10/20/01 09:16 AM
E
OP Offline
E
It would be much easier for me to just name those ID's. It isn't the regular people on the board that I don't want knowing that "a" and "b" are the same, it is people from my real living breathing world that would not understand, could use a lot of my words against me, and I've given enough details in my posts for them to figure out exactly who I am. Most of you have the privilege of being anonymous to each other and safe from your W/H or X ... I have chosen to give too much info at times. I'd rather not go through the bother of deleting hundreds of posts ... I may have helped someone along the way.<P>Because of circumstances in my life, and being tired of explaining myself, I started claiming someone as my "ex" when in fact it wasn't official until a few months later. I shouldn't have let some people's comments bother me so much, but I did. Can't change that now.<P>I thought starting over with a new ID would help me move on, but now I wonder if starting over on a new forum is what I really need. :{

#706471 10/20/01 09:24 AM
S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Princess Buttercup:<BR><STRONG>It would be much easier for me to just name those ID's. It isn't the regular people on the board that I don't want knowing that "a" and "b" are the same, it is people from my real living breathing world that would not understand, could use a lot of my words against me, and I've given enough details in my posts for them to figure out exactly who I am. Most of you have the privilege of being anonymous to each other and safe from your W/H or X ... I have chosen to give too much info at times. I'd rather not go through the bother of deleting hundreds of posts ... I may have helped someone along the way.<P>Because of circumstances in my life, and being tired of explaining myself, I started claiming someone as my "ex" when in fact it wasn't official until a few months later. I shouldn't have let some people's comments bother me so much, but I did. Can't change that now.<P>I thought starting over with a new ID would help me move on, but now I wonder if starting over on a new forum is what I really need. :{</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi princess,<P> We are here to help one another, not hide. I can understand where you are coming from..My goodness was I ever attacked. I do understand where why they did that. As someone said, there are a lot of hurting people on these boards so I guess we in a way help them to vent. I got mixed up in a relationshop that I had no business being in. I am working very hard to over come my mistake. I was attacked horribly, but I also was given good advice too.

#706472 10/20/01 09:53 AM
-
-
Buttercup,<P>I think (notice only an opinion), that there are so many on this board that are working overtime on meeting their Spouses EN and keeping theirs to the background, that sometimes there is some displace hostility.<P>Someone will post something that is to much like what they are dealing with in their own lives and so they Attack the poster since they can't attack their spouse for the same action.<P>Most try very hard to chose their words carefully, or at least go back and edit a post or issue an appology. Some don't, they see thier actions as OK.<P>I have no idea if I am one of the ones that hurt your feelings ( I don't think so,haven't been here that long) but if I am then I certainly apologize to you for any pain I might have caused.<P>-Kat-<P>Ok someone please install a spell checker so I don't have to keep going back and edit/correct my posts<P>[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: -Kat- ]<p>[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: -Kat- ]

#706473 10/22/01 11:18 AM
E
OP Offline
E
I'm still not sure how to proceed. I want to just say well, I posted as "a" first and later as "b" ... so you can look up what I've said, nothing to hide now, and I can just be *me* from now on ... BUT I really don't want certain people (not referring to any MB'rs) to know that "a" and "b" are both *me*.<P>If I sound a little paranoid, it's because I have found out about people keeping tabs on me by finding things I've posted on the internet, and there are people a LOT more savvy than I that can find this stuff out! I've listed enough in the way of wedding/divorce/birthdates, etc. for someone who knows I post here to do a search here and find me. I just want to return to anonymous, and not make the mistake again of posting so much detail! Does this make sense? It was never my intent to deceive MB folks here with the exception that when I started posting as *b* I called my "ex" my "ex" when my divorce was not final because I felt so attacked for dating before the divorce was final. (I am thin skinned... I can claim that as one of my faults.) I felt more comfortable posting as *b* about stuff relating to my boyfriend. I continued to post about stuff related to my divorce as *a*.<P>But again, with the divorce over, and me dating again... I agree with another poster here, not everyone on the Divorcing/Divorced board wants to hear about how happy someone is... this may not really be the place for me anymore. I want to talk about what a WONDERFUL Sweetest Day I had with my beloved Westley! Now, who really wants that?!<P> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Buttercup

#706474 10/23/01 12:18 AM
H
H
One of my favorite movies. But I always was a sucker for romance.<P>Welcome,<P>Anne

#706475 10/23/01 12:47 AM
B
B
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Princess Buttercup:<BR><STRONG> ...... this may not really be the place for me anymore. I want to talk about what a WONDERFUL Sweetest Day I had with my beloved Westley! Now, who really wants that?!<BR>Buttercup</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Dear Princess,<P>Everyone! We all need to hear of success stories, of those who have gone before us and healed, yes and found that there is still some happiness left. <P>You Go Girl!<P>Guess what? I too am hoping that I didn't do anything to hurt your feelings or scare you off. Lot of really nice folks here, but occasionally open channels of communication do get a little a little background noise. Whatever you're comfortable with is OK by me.

#706476 10/22/01 08:25 PM
-
-
Buttercup,<P>I guess, after this week I understand where you are coming from<P>I think maybe lurking is a better thing to do.<P>Has been a bad week for me to post replies I guess.<P>-Kat-

#706477 10/22/01 09:52 PM
E
OP Offline
E
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -Kat-:<BR><STRONG>I guess, after this week I understand where you are coming from</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Maybe it's just one of those weeks... is there a full moon? Is it high tide? Are the planets not aligned right? Who knows ... <P>Anyway, after thinking about it I decided SCREW anyone who thinks they can control me because they know I post here. Looking back, I guess there really isn't anything I've posted that someone else doesn't already know about ... my X can scream slander all he wants but first he's gotta prove that what I said about him was NOT true ... (HA!) and if my boyfriend comes here and figures out who I am, well I don't think I've said anything that would make him freak out either. So...<P>Because I don't want to make it THAT easy for the trolls I'll type in my ID's backwards so a keyword search won't pull up this thread, and please don't "quote" this post in a reply in case I have to go back and edit. After this thread, I'm not going to worry about my "past lives" here ... just move forward. That's what it's all about, right?<P>In July 2000 when I was trying to save my marriage I came on board as *C-L-T* and then after I got bent out of shape because I didn't agree with some other posters (I'll take full responsibility for my own actions, thank you) I started posting certain subject matter as *evol fo elbapacni ton*<P>Tonight I am reborn as the twitterpated Princess. Wave bye-bye to "a" and "b" ... watch the smoke rise from the ashes ... I like my new ID and plan to stay a while. *edit*

Last edited by MBSeasons; 01/13/12 02:03 PM. Reason: Removing email
#706478 10/23/01 05:54 AM
-
-
Kat stands raising hands towards sky, tips head back and in a booming voice says.<P><BR>----<B><I>THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOUR FREE!!</B></I>-----<P>-Kat-<p>[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: -Kat- ]

#706479 10/23/01 06:58 AM
N
N
You are right - it benefits no one to read about how happy WS's are with their boy/girlfriends.

#706480 10/23/01 07:33 AM
L
L
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nellie1:<BR>You are right - it benefits no one to read about how happy WS's are with their boy/girlfriends.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Respectfully, I usually disagree with Nellie. [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] <P>I wanna hear honesties and realities. That's what I give too. Of course, this leaves the ones admitting their deviances from a "moral code" subject to hurtful comments. But if we all aren't honest about our feelings, our actions...are we really learning anything? <P>Buttercup, don't worry about what others say. Just accept it. We all have our opinions and some will be nice about it and some won't. That's part of life too. And hopefully, as far as RT people figuring out who you are/were, aren't the points you're worrying over in the past now? <P>Be "you." I hope you don't fear being honest any more. It's okay!<P>(Btw, it really bothers me when people don't feel allowed to BE honest on boards such as this. Why do some take other's lives and choices as a personal affront? Sigh.)<P>Laura

#706481 10/23/01 09:10 AM
E
OP Offline
E
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lucks:<BR><STRONG>Respectfully, I usually disagree with Nellie. [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Me too. I addressed this on a new thread and I tried to be respectful. Sometimes it is hard to respectfully disagree.<P>I think the nation, the world even, is suffering from PTSD ... and will continue to, whether they realize it or not, for a while. Emotions are just running incredibly intense all around.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation