Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
OP Offline
L
Woe They,<p>I can tell that I'm far out-classed on this one. You know wayyyyy more than I do about football. All I can say is No Jets, No LSU.<p>You better take advantage of me before I come to my senses but please be gentle.

R
R
"You know wayyyyy more than I do about football."<p>No silly, I go to the pro team (or college) website before I get back to you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

L
OP Offline
L
Tick - Tock<p>Tick - Tock<p>
Times running out so what's it gonna be?

R
R
"All I can say is No Jets, No LSU."<p>"You better take advantage of me before I come to my senses but please be gentle."<p>Help me out here Bill, I see the clock is ticking. I need some clarification..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ragamuffin:
<strong>Help me out here Bill, I see the clock is ticking. I need some clarification..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] </strong><hr></blockquote><p>And what might that be?

R
R
Pleeeeaaaaase.........<p>........ can we bet the Tennessee vs LSU game? Tennessee is supposed to win by 7! You are almost guaranteed to win......a matching Nebraska cornfed beef steak to go with the other one you've won. I can't just send you ONE steak all by itself!<p>Pretty, pretty please........you get another steak......I get more CROW and crow is starting to taste good actually because that's all I have gotten to chew on along with a Kansas steak! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

L
OP Offline
L
OK oK ok OK already!<p>Just stop it with those EYES....<p>One steak I get Tenessee.<p>Did I mention that I'll take mine Medium

S
S
alright, you sports hacks:<p>Friday funnies:<p>"We'll be back after this word from Manufacturer's Hangover."
--Mets announcer Ralph Kiner.

"All of his saves have come during relief appearances."

"You have really solidified the Mets' center field problems."
--Mets announcer Ralph Kiner to Daryl Boston.

"All of the Mets' road wins against Los Angeles this year
have been at Dodger Stadium."

"In the hunt to buy the San Francisco Giants was George
Shinn, owner of the Charlotte Harlots."

"Jay Bell is 0 for 6 in this series with 10 homers and 52
RBIs."

"That was Benes' fifth strikeout on the day. He came in with
94, so now he has 104 strikeouts on the year."

"The Mets just had their first .500 or better April since
July of 1992."

"Andujar Cedeno to lead it off. He swings. And he is hit by
a pitch. And it is hit over the wall and out of here for a
home run."

"Some guys are inwardly outgoing."

"We're experiencing audio difficulties."

"We'll be back with the recrap after this message."

S
S
oooops, wrong sport, how about this?<p>dateline-- IOWA<p>Sam has been in the computer business for 25 years and is finally sick of the stress. He quits his job and buys 50 acres of land in Iowa as
far from humanity as possible. Sam sees the postman once a week and gets groceries once a month. Otherwise it's total peace and quiet. After six months or so of almost total isolation, he's finishing dinner when someone knocks on his door. He opens it and there is a big, bearded Iowian
standing there.<p>"Names Enoch... Your neighbor from four miles over the ridge... Having a party Saturday... thought you'd like to come."<p>"Great," says Sam, "after six months of this I'm ready to meet some local folks. Thank you."<p>As Enoch is leaving he stops, "Gotta warn you there's gonna be some drinkin'."<p>"Not a problem... after 25 years in the computer business, I can drink with the best of 'em."<p>Again, as he starts to leave Enoch stops. "More 'n'! likely gonna be some fightin' too."<p>Damn, Sam thinks... tough crowd. "Well, I get along with people. I'll be there. Thanks again."<p>Once again Enoch turns from the door. "I've seen some wild sex at these parties, too."<p>"Now that's not a problem" says Sam, "Remember I've been alone for six months! I'll definitely be there ... by the way, what should I wear?<p>Enoch stops in the door again and says, "Whatever you want, just gonna be the two of us."

R
R
"OK oK ok OK already!".....YeeeeeHaaaaaa!!!!<p>"Just stop it with those EYES...." It WORKED!<p>"One steak I get Tenessee.".....Yup!<p>"Did I mention that I'll take mine Medium"......I like my crow, I mean steak, medium-rare to medium!<p>Hey Bill, I think Sportsguy is inviting you to a party! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] Just kiddin' (he still has me rolling with laughter)

L
OP Offline
L
Ms. Muffin - OK it's a deal then....... How I am going to enjoy my steaks, coffee, and cake rolls.<p>Hey sportsguy, are you sure that happened in Iowa, I heard it was up there in Corn Country, USA. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

R
R
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>A Heisman Trophy and the Rose Bowl! YIPPIE!!!!! What a difference a weekend can make!<p>Oh yes, thank you LSU for the Rose Bowl trip and the second Kansas steak!

L
OP Offline
L
Well prepared crow, THANK YOU!!!!<p>Even the sun shines on a dog's butt some days....<p>Well if your OK with the fact that you get a Rose Bowl trip after LOSING to Colorado then OK. Personally I think that every decent person in Nebraska should PROTEST the BCS and withdrawl.....<p>Anywho, it was a good game......<p>So what's the tally!!!<p>I Owe Ms. Muffin:
2 ea - Kansas fed Angus Steaks<p>Ms. Muffin Owe's me:
92 ea - Swiss Cake rolls
1 ea - Cup of Gourmet Coffee
1 ea - Imported Kansas Steak

L
OP Offline
L
I'm only gonna be here until 3:00 today and then I'm out for the weekend but this game is too good to pass up.<p>Steelers vs Ravens<p>Ravens have already beat the Steelers once and the Steelers power back (The Bus) is only listed as possible for the game.<p>I'll take the Steelers.<p>The wager is ?

R
R
"The wager is ?"<p> Hummmmmmm, let's see........how about one bottle of Asti' Spumante? <p>When I win 'this' bet I'll be all set for New Years Eve when you throw in those two steaks you owe me! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>You've got one cup of coffee to go with those 92 swiss cake rolls, if the Steelers beat the Ravens you'll have some bubbly to wash the cake rolls down with! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

L
OP Offline
L
It's a deal.....<p>I'd love to harass you but I've got to get some stuff done. I chat with you Monday....<p>
Have a great weekend.......

C
C
And I can't even get up a game of flag football at the castle. I am pouting.

L
OP Offline
L
How many ways can you say SUPER BOWL bound????? OK here is the revised tally:<p>I Owe Ms. Muffin:
2 ea - Kansas fed Angus Steaks <p>Ms. Muffin Owe's me:
92 ea - Swiss Cake rolls
1 ea - Cup of Gourmet Coffee
1 ea - Imported Kansas Steak
one bottle of Asti' Spumante <p>Is Asti Spumante a dessert wine? I'm just wondering if it will go with the cake rolls.<p>
BTW, PRINCESS, if we play flag football the way we play twister, I'm quite sure we may RAISE some interest. Of course, I'm interested.
[img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

P
P
Bill,<p>Hate to bust in on this thread but just wanted you to know I just got back from Iowa and thoroughly enjoyed my trip. No frozen corn but I did have my heart warmed by good people and beautiful land. <p>I will always have a special place in my heart for Iowa now.<p>Lynn

L
OP Offline
L
Lynn,<p>Absolutely no reason at all to apoligize for CRASHING MY THREAD. I will always to a moment to make fun of anyone who's ever been to IOWA or for that matter seen Iowa on a map.<p>What part did you travel to?<p>I've traveled there quite a bit (X was from there) and we spent most of the time in North Central and North East Iowa. When you get to the North Eastern area it is absolutely beautiful. Rolling hills with crops as far as the eye can see, awesome trees, and rivers. The people up in the small towns are great but I think that's mostly just small town living. My little town (population 255) is a pretty friendly place as well.<p>Have a great day and I'm glad to see that you were able to make it home and didn't turn into a<p>Idiot
Out
Wandering
Around<p>Bill

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 258 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation