Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#713384 11/09/01 03:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 97
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 97
I just got the divorce papers from my stbx H and I don't feel anything. I am not sad, I am not happy, there is nothing. I have looked through them once and marked them up pretty good and I just haven't been motivated to go back through them again. I will, but I don't know when. I have to say though that it was a huge sense of relief when I saw the child support amount. <p>We have been separated since the end of August 2001. There hasn't been an affair on his part as yet as I am able to tell. He just said he didn't love my anymore and he walked out on me and our two boys (6 & 2). I have had my ups and downs since he left but now I am so very anxious just to move on with my life and the boys' lives. I am working through the past with a counselor and I am learning an awful lot about my marriage that I didn't see. There was a great deal of emotional and verbal abuse that was manipulative over the last 8 years we have been married. It is unbelievable what I can see now that I couldn't see then. My H doesn't listen and won't talk to anyone and I definitely don't want him back in my life because I can't go back to what it was. He doesn't want to come back at all and that is just fine with me. <p>I have read so many of the postings on this site but so many of them have to do with affairs and I haven't seen many like my situation. I haven't really got a clue at all as to why my H left. Maybe guilt, who knows.<p>I don't want to be alone but I am coming to terms with that. I have never lived independently so this is a new experience. I have to say though that I haven't given up hope that I will find someone down the road who will accept me for who I am and will treat me with respect.<p>Just needed to talk.........getting these papers was a little bit of a shock because it has really put all of this into reality.<p>Thanks
K<p>Is there anyone else going through this type of situation where your H isn't having an affair but leaves just because he doesn't love you anymore?

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 66
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 66
My stbxh served me papers himself on the 9th of October. I can't proved there is an affair going on (but boy the gut feeling is there). H told me that he didn't love me anymore etc...<p>He wanted me to sign the papers right then and there. I told him I would have to have my attorney look at them. He thought I was crazy.<p>I went to my attorney and she said the more she read his "AGREEMENT FOR DIVORCE", the madder she got. She told me it was the smartest thing I did was contact her. <p>You didn't say in your post if you got yourself an attorney. Please do so. He walked out on you. You have children and yourself to think of. Your future!<p>Beth


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 200 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0