Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
OP Offline
N
Okay, I was talking with a friend and we were listing some of the things we can live without.... here's some of mine:<p>* picking up after him
* tripping over shoes
* shaving hair in the basin
* skid marks on the jocks
* him falling asleep every night on the couch
* lies
* the nokia cell phone tone
* NOT talking to me...would rather be alone than that
* not having to be perfect all the time<p>Okay that is a small sample.....anyone else game???????

E
E
ok, my message got hosed... let's try this again.<p>I am the friend Nina referred to... let's see.. what not to miss...<p>i don't have to worry about not pulling up close enough to the garage anymore, to make room for his stinkin truck.... let's see... I don't have to worry about having hot mustard, as opposed to the regular mustard. I don't have to worry about steak sauce! I NEVER have to buy a bottle of bleu cheese dressing again. wow.. there are a lot of plusses here. I don't have to pick up newspapers all over the bathroom floor, or beer bottles all over the house... don't have to listen to him tell the kids to take their plates to the kitchen while he sits and leaves his plates for others (me)to pick up... Never have to see him ask the kids to get him a beer again (BOY did that tick me off!)<p>Life is much better... really.

A
A
cool thread Jacky,<p>I'll bite.<p>1. the extra dirty clothes.<p>2. also, the skid marks on the underwear, and EWWWWWW.<p>3. the person laying on the couch holding it down.<p>4. the constant crankiness.<p>5. the extra housework.<p>6. the laundry lying on the floor.<p>7. the feeling of walking on egg shells.<p>8. stealing the covers.<p>9. never getting the remote.<p>10.not having my space.<p>11.the toilet seat up.<p>12.the toilet is soooo much cleaner.<p>13.the whining.<p>14.the whining.<p>15.oh most importantly....the whining.<p>Saved the worst for last and it deserved 3. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>c'ya,<p>ANNA

E
E
YES Anna.. the WHINING
sheesh.. how did I not think of that (not to mention the toilet seat!)

E
E
AND, I never have to watch Animal Planet or Cops unless I want to, AND i can watch any friggin Whoopi Goldberg movie I want to... so THERE :-)

N
OP Offline
N
Oh the REMOTE!!!!!!!!<p>I LOVE having full control of my remote!!!!!!!!!!<p>And yes, the whining, too....but we call it whinging here! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Stealing the covers is a good one too!<p>This could be a lot of fun!

G
G
Hey, There jac:<p>Ok...great thread:<p>
1. Not having to do dishes for two
2. Not having to fix her problems AND mine
3. Not having someone around the house who is rarely even cordial to me
4. I don't miss the yelling at the pups and the cats for everything
5. Yeah! Holding down that couch so that it does not float away!
6. She did NOT have skid marks! Oh, well.
7. I do NOT have to watch VH1 or MTV EVER again!
8. Tripping over her shoes in a darkened bedroom in the morning
9. Dishes, Dishes, Dishes(From #1)
10. Cleaning house for two
11. I get all the sex I want now....by myself, though!
12. When she is not helping with indoor our outdoor housework, it is not bad now, because she is not here anymore.<p>
Too much stuff? <p>Thanks, Jacky,
vb

J
J
lets see
1. No more soap operas in the afternoon
2. no more of her gripping about toilet seat.
3. no more worrying about her writing checks and not entering in check book.
4. no more having to put gas in her car everytime I drove it.
5. No more Opra
6. No more underwear hanging in shower
7. No more he gripping about me not folding clothes after doing laundry.
8. No more her gripping about remote
9.no more tripping on stuff she piled on steps
10. No more of her B**ching

A
A
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jabber:
<strong>lets see
1. No more soap operas in the afternoon
2. no more of her gripping about toilet seat.
3. no more worrying about her writing checks and not entering in check book.
4. no more having to put gas in her car everytime I drove it.
5. No more Opra
6. No more underwear hanging in shower
7. No more he gripping about me not folding clothes after doing laundry.
8. No more her gripping about remote
9.no more tripping on stuff she piled on steps
10. No more of her B**ching</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Jacky??? Did you give guys permission to post here? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

A
A
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by vb_guy:
<strong>Hey, There jac:<p>11. I get all the sex I want now....by myself, though!
vb</strong><hr></blockquote><p>OHMYGOSH [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] I am not even going there!<p>Sheesh!

F
F
Her general, chronic, unhappiness. She has always been lost.<p>It seems that whenever there was an opportunity to be happy, she would hide it.<p>
My daughter was having a little difficulty at school recently; mostly screaming that she wanted to do other things because she was bored. The problem seemed to coincide with her seeing me less. She was seeing me every weekday. She's doing better recently after I talked with her and she visited the school counselor.<p>Daughter's teacher said that WS XW had called before this problem to inquire if daughter was depressed. The teacher said that she had seen no indication of depression in my daughter. I know I hadn't.<p>I think the depression is just another projection of my WS XWs self. I'm not around for her to project onto anymore, so here we go I guess.<p>If the OM would just leave her the hell alone, she may finally seek and stay with some medical treatment for her depression. She was on Zoloft at the request of our last marriage counselor and psychiatrist. I was not the one who pushed for her to get on medication, but it seemed appropriate. I think the OM convinced her that it was just me.<p>Blah, blah, blah... And so it goes...

S
S
Oh I like this one<p>
  • No more stinky smelly sweating running clothes hanging in the bathroom
    no more good towles being used for whatever
    no more feeling like everything bad is my fault
    not as much laundry as now only 1 person OS is taking more than 1 shower a day
<p>I am sure I will be able to add more later

S
S
forgot the most important one less male in the house yelling where is ........ and it is right in front of them [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

N
OP Offline
N
Anna,<p>Of course the guys can post here!!!! It says WS, so that can mean male or female!!!! Besides it gives both sides a sneaky look at pet peeves of the opposite sex!!!<p>Well, interesting comments by all so far, the toilet seat, the towels, the sex, the unhappy spouse hanging around all the time....YES!!! I knew I had a good idea for a thread this time!<p>jabber, your comments are hilarious! Sorry, I know they annoyed you, but still funny!!!!<p>okay one more. I HATED when he did this.....drinking softdrink(soda) or milk straight from the bottle. The kids started doing this too, open the fridge, get the bottle....ewwwwww.<p>Keep 'em coming!!!!! It is good therapy!!!!

H
H
O h Yeah!!! I like this one...<p>No one sitting at the computer for hours on hours ignoring me...<p>Not having to worry what time he will eventually show up after out with the OW, lying about it.<p>No more lies from my spouse in the house! (He is gone if he is a liar!)<p>No one yelling at me for what clothes he can wear to work in the am!<p>No one yelling at me about where his socks or underwear are.<p>No one yelling at my son about brushing his teeth and getting dressed before comming down to watch tv on sat. am... (I like to do that in the PJ/s myself!!!)<p>No one lounging while I clean dishes etc.<p>No one physically here... but not communicating me.<p>Not living with a man who will not look at the bills with me at all, but blames me for spending all the money on bills! (He now freaks out over all the bills he has on his own-- never knew how expensive it was to live in this world did he>>&gt [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] )<p>No one throwing cigg. butts down in the yard.<p>No one smoking.<p>No one staying in the bathroom all the time... reading paper... who knows what else???)<p>NO one messing up kitchen and not doing the dishes.<p>No one trying to touch me all the time.<p>No one getting drunk.<p>No empty beer cans.<p>No nightly music to go with the nightly drinking... <p>No more showing up late after dinner and not having dinner with famliy ever! ( He can eat alone 3ever, so there!)<p>
Obviously I have more, I like this one, good vent girls! Girls I like the girls vents... guys be nice to us girls !<p>MOre to add later, to bed for now!<p>l <p> [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

N
OP Offline
N
Honey,<p>What a list!!! I am sure I could at least equal its length if I tried a teeny bit harder!!!!!<p>BTW, yes, the guys have to be nice to us girls HERE, but they can still add to this post ALL they like....they have legitimate peeves, too about their WS's!<p>This is SO funny!!!

C
C
Oooohhh! Do I have one!<p>First, some background: <p>My Ex is currently employed as a personal trainer at Bally's. The whole time I knew her, she was obsessed with her body fat percentage.<p>When we were married, she was at 21 percent, which is pretty good. When she left me, she was at 15 percent, which is about the level of a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model.<p>What don't I miss?<p>My Ex standing in front of the mirror complaining about her "big, fat [censored]!"<p>Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!<p>[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: cjack ]</p>

N
N
* hearing "You always..." or "You never..." or "Why can't you just..." everyday
* Being yelled out for dropping something or making a mistake
*Being critizied for the things that I love doing
*Picking up after him even after working a ten hour day
*Having to put his SF needs before my own every time.
*Having to feel like I just can't measure up to his expectations
*That nervous feeling that I would get just before he came home.<p>The list goes on and on and every time I post something like this I'm secretly glad he left. Let someone else deal with his overly critical BS, I did it for ten years and that was quite enough.

A
A
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nina too:
<strong>Anna,<p>Of course the guys can post here!!!! It says WS, so that can mean male or female!!!! Besides it gives both sides a sneaky look at pet peeves of the opposite sex!!!
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Jacky,<p>I wasaJokin'!!!! Sheesh!<p>Ok some of you guys are touching on ones that I left out. Here's some more.<p>Sing, you said these two things, no more good towles being used for whatever!<p>"HOW TRUE" <p>Then you said "forgot the most important one less male in the house yelling where is ........ and it is right in front of them.<p>"Boy did I forget the most important one also."<p>Father of 1 you said, Her general, chronic, unhappiness.<p>Yep, dito here. H was never happy! I sure don't miss the sad, moping. His favorite words, "I'm not happy."<p>c'ya'll.<p>ANNA

Great idea Jackie!!!<p>What do I not miss?<p>
  • * listening to someone complain about me listening to the radio - I NEVER Shut it off now.
    * bedtime rituals - now the kids and I do our own thing at night - nobody screams about us watching a late movie if we want or friends being here - later than (somebody's) bedtime.
    * listening to someone complain about the house being messy when it's his socks that are scattered from one end of the house to the other, his tools left on my dining room table, and his newspaper covering the couch.
    * having to clean up and put away any craft projects before he came home (now they are on the dining room table until they get done!!!)
    * hearing complaints about phone calls early in the morning - and it being 'for him'. I just enjoy telling who ever calls now that he doesn't live here anymore and suggest that they call him before 5:30 in the morning - he is a farmer - you know!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
    * moaning grunting responses to questions asked of him and then being told that I didn't bother to ask him.
    * being condemned for making plans for holidays without him, then him sleeping through the holiday instead of spending it with us (when we didn't make plans). The kids and I have a whole calendar full of events this season. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
    * ANGER - that constant kind of anger that isn't really about anything in particular - just because he's breathing he's angry.
    * not being able to invite friends over - even though he was away at work - or gone somewhere else.
    * watching VIOLENT MOVIES WITH BAD LANGUAGE and trying to explain to the kids that it's NOT okay to repeat those words.
    * not watching him FART into my open oven door with dinner cooking in there - because he opened it to lean on it - because he's cold - so he's warming his touche... (just a little open - just enough for him to sit his butt against it and absorb the heat) I've tossed more meals than I can count because I wouldn't EAT them after watching that!!!
    * not having to listen to him laugh after he farts in a room full of company - and everyone is gagging.
    * not listening to SICK jokes
    * not listening to anymore of his SICK stories about how he embarrassed someone with his behavior and it was so funny.
    * not having to listen to how he's been inconvenienced by the fact that a holiday falls on a work day - and he can't get parts because a business closed for the holiday.
    * not having to listen to his jealous rants about how much my family cares about me.
    * not having to listen to him complain about people dropping by unexpectedly - (I love having company!!!)
    * not being told I look like a cow after working my buns off to get back into a pretty dress with a slim tan skirt - just because he doesn't like the color. (He said that once when I was pregnant - about a tan jumper.)
    * meals without color and flavor - because he liked PLAIN food.
    * boring discussions about his job, his friends, his problems - when I had things to discuss about the kids, our life together, and interesting STUFF
    * not shopping if he was off work, because "it was a waste of time"
    * not going anywhere - because he hated taking the kids in the car - they wanted to talk too...
    [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]
<p>Well - that's about all I can think of - didn't number the list - cuz I know I didn't list them in order.<p>Jan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation