Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
I feel so alone today

I have felt so disconnected for the past couple of months- and Christmas magnified everything- I feel disconnected from my H- disconnected from my kids- my family- God....<p>Am I alone in this? Is there ANYONE else that posts here who's WS decided that they wanted you- and didn't want divorce- but you are choosing divorce anyway????<p>My marriage was ten years of hurts, lies and betrayal- and now I can't even get divorced "right"!!!<p>Please- is there someone else who is struggling with this?<p>TLFM

M
M
{{{{{Hi TLFM}}}}}}}<p>I'm so sorry for what you are facing. That must be a real bummer. I'm not in your situation, but I wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.<p>I've finally filed for divorce too, however my WS isn't anywhere near wanting to reconcile. I've often wondered what I would do if he was. That would be a really tough spot.<p>At this point, I don't really want him back. He's a renter, pure and simple. He rented with me for 11 years....a record in his book....but he's a renter anyway. It would take a miracle for him to change enough to be the type of person I now know I deserve and want.<p>I've learned so much from this process....all against my will, mind you. But some lessons come in disguise.<p>I've finally realized that I'm worth more than the lies, betrayal and pain. I deserve a husband who puts me above himself. I deserve to be treated with respect. And while my STBXH is a good person overall....he doesn't know how to do that.<p>So I feel the same as you....divorce isn't what I wanted to choose, but now there just isn't any other choice. I know too much.<p>So instead of saying... <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I can't even get divorced "right"!!!<hr></blockquote>
...maybe you are making the right choice given the circumstances and it just feels crappy because you believe in people and didn't want this choice in the beginning.<p>Keep the faith.
Aloha,
Ms.O

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,115 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation