Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#718602 01/02/02 06:42 AM
N
OP Offline
N
`Its been a long time since I have been here ,as my Life was starting to take shape, until I received SMS from my Wife from Austria where she is at the moment with OM . SMS MESSAGES She is missing me and cant stop thinking of me ? I ask myself if she is realy in love with OM why in heavens name is she thinking of me ? ( Has he given her the boot as she has rescheduled her flight back home from the 10th January to the 4 th ). Is she trying to play mind games with me ?. Im just so confused. If only this had happened 6 months ago I would have been only to happy to reconcile our marriage, but now after three different men there is no ways of me going back. <p>To all on this board , I hope that 2002 exceeds all of your expectations.<p>Nowill

#718603 01/02/02 11:45 AM
T
T
I doubt she's playing mind games..she's probably found that OM isn't what he said he was..and that she really screwed up..or he found that she's not what he thought..but, my guess, is she found life isn't greener..<p>Do you still love her? You can if you do, give conditions to her coming back home..1st and foremost..Counseling..either w/ the Harley's or
a counselor w/ the same basic type principles to work on a marriage..if you can go to a Marriage Builders Seminar..make plans to do that..as a stipulation as well as both of you reading all the material..taking the questionairres and working out a POJA..<p>You can have her move back home and her sleep in another room, and the two of you learn to date each other again..or she can have her own place and you two start dating again..<p>As most WS's feel..the A wasn't the problem in the marriage..their were already problems in the Marriage..you both need to discuss those and work through those so that you can make a true effort to have the type of marriage you both want and need to be happy..<p>You need to have total openness and honesty about your feelings with each other..and what has happened..no matter how much you think it will hurt the other..there needs to be honesty and openness..without getting angry..and blowing up
at each other..no name calling..just sit and listen to each other about how you both 'feel' and have 'felt' so you'll need to know the names for those feelings...other than I'm hurt..or I'm angry..some feel ambivalance..mixed emotions..of wanting to now work on the marriage..or just giving up..<p>There needs to be forgiveness..you would need to forgive her for the affairs..(this is where that unconditional love comes in) and learning about God's love..of hating the sin (what she did, and loving her anyway) loving the sinner..and not throwing it back in their face..it's also the way to learn grace and mercy..knowing that we are all sinners..and we've all done things wrong (sinned)..so we don't judge them or throw stones at them because they screwed up..<p>If you really love her, you can give her another chance..and let her know that this is
something that if it happens again..your not going through all the heart ache again and that yes you love her very much, but..it will be over, that is setting up honest boundries for your own heart..<p>Or you can go ahead and divorce, and then date each other again if you so choose, so that you can try and rebuild the trust you've had destroyed..
or just end the relationship all together..but, you must remember, it's YOUR choice to make..you set up your boundries..if you find she's lying to you..then you end the relationship based on past experience w/ her about lying..because the lying destroys any type of trust you may have tried to rebuild..<p>There is a reason the Bible says -<p>"be angry and sin not; let not the sun go down on upon your wrath" (anger, hurt)<p>I personally feel that this means if you have someone that has hurt you..you talk about it before you go to bed, and you try to resolve it then..you acknowledge the persons feelings that okay you feel this way because..I'm sorry that this hurt you..and it requires learning a new way to communicate w/ each other..by being totally honest and open about how you really feel about things inside..without holding back in order to protect them from being hurt..you need to learn that if they get hurt because of your honesty..then those are their feelings, and they need to learn to face them..and and work through them..and not blame you or someone else for feeling the way they do..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation