Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lucks Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My Ex sent me this email last night:<p>Laura:<p>I'm done being treated unreasonably. I&#8217;ve been threatened, falsely accused and then denied contact with my daughters. Although you have custody, as the father I do have some rights and I could play an important part in their lives. I love my daughters and want only what is best for them. I can&#8217;t see that you will ever treat me any differently and that tension is NOT in the best interest of the girls! <p>Tom, you said you wanted to adopt the girls, so if it was more than just another threat, and you were serious, I&#8217;m willing to discuss it as a resolution to this conflict. I'm through beating my head against a brick wall, trying to keep our parental relationship civilized for the girls. I realize that Laura will NEVER be a decent human being towards me and sadly, her attitude comes across to our daughters and creates the need for their &#8220;loyalty&#8221; to one parent or the other.<p>I will always love the girls, will always be their father, and they are always welcome in my home&#8212;those things you can never change. My only prayer at this point is for them to have the best lives possible. I think that I have much to give them but my hands are constantly tied. Sadly, I can see no resolution other than to step out of the picture so I will no longer be used as a source of torment in their lives.<p>--David<p>Well, this just confirms my gut feelings. He'll twist it however convenient but it really boils down to not wanting to pay child support. <p>Jan, what do you think of my fanatical assessment now?<p>Sigh.

A
A
Laura,<p>Okay, I pegged him the first time...JERK! I would ignore his email and take him to court for the back support he never paid. <p>It definitely confirmed it, and what a jerk. Someone who would give up their daughters for money...Sheesh!<p>ANNA

I agree with you- he's fanatical - ALWAYS have.<p>I would go after the support he owes - definitely. Let him tell the courts he wants to give up custody of his daughters... that's where that statement belongs! EVEN if you adopt - he still OWES support to this point.<p>Laura - make copies of that email - with ALL the email info included - KEEP THEM IN YOUR SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX. THAT EMAIL is worth more than GOLD to your daughters.<p>It may be your only means of protecting them.<p>Unless the support is absolutely necessary - you might seriously consider Tom adopting them. I would allow the girls to make that absolute choice however - they are both old enough to make it.<p>Decide between you and Tom what you want to do then let the girls in on the decision. But, show them this letter - don't keep your reasons silent.<p>Jan

L
Lucks Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks, Anna. I've known for years that he's like this, but that email still shocks me. Such a turnaround from come live with me, babies, and I'll take care of you....to okey-doke, Tom, adopt 'em, I've had enough.<p>I can't believe ANYone will play horrible games like this with children. And I was MARRIED to one of those anyones!<p>I have no intention of responding to the email, at all.<p>Jan, thought you might also appreciate a comment one of my friends made. She said:<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>What a number these supposedly loving fathers do to their children and then blame it on everyone but themselves.<hr></blockquote>

G
G
<p>[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: MMMMM ]</p>

Laura - what your friend said is so true.<p>The key is 'supposedly'...<p>Sorry to say it - but there are many of those kind out there. I realize there are good fathers out there too, but I honestly believe they are the minority.<p>Hang in there girl!!!<p>Jan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 772 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation