Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
I'm in need of a good divorce reference. <p>Unfortunately.<p>Anyone know of one?<p>Dan

A
A
Title: The Divorce Book
By : Matthew McKay Ph D Peter rogers Ph D
Joan Blades JD Richard Gosse MA<p>you can go on Barnes and Noble's site and order it on line ISBN # 1-5724-136-5 <p>Great Book covers everything !<p>Good Luck!
Kimberly

M
M
I found "Divorcing" The Complete Guide for Men and Women by Melvin Belli and Mel Krantzler was a good reference.<p>
I am not sure if I agree with their attitude that divorce can be a wonderful learning experience--but the rest of it is good. <p>Good luck....what an awful experience isn't it?<p>Take Care

F
OP Offline
F
Thank you very much for the suggestions.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I am not sure if I agree with their attitude that divorce can be a wonderful learning experience--but the rest of it is good. <p>Good luck....what an awful experience isn't it?<hr></blockquote><p>It's hard to belive there's any good in this..An awful experience seems to be right! I try hard to administer to myself, convince myself I'm ok. Often, though, I just feel like I'm just a walking hurt..<p>And people recover from this? <p>Ok, then I will too...<p>Dan

M
M
Family Man...<p>Here is another book that not only tells you about the road this experience will put you on, but also tells you the emotional side and what to expect since many people never ever plan of going through this process at all...<p>Gives you a very unique perspective from both the legal side of the equation...(Juris Doctorate) and the psychological side...(PhD) all in one book.<p>Also talks about the children...and how to keep them from getting hurt and ways to prevent them from the potential damage that sometimes "Angry" parents do to their soon to be ex spouse and children that can impact them for the rest of their lives.<p>Good luck to you...<p>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...-113/ref=sr_1_66_113/103-9462083-8475024

S
S
hi. The best book i can recommend is "Rebuilding" by Bruce Fisher. It is so good that Relationships Australia, (countrywide relationship couselling centres here where i live) use it as a base for their recovery from divorce courses. I found it to be really good for me. And do people survive? - yes they do - i know from personal experience. Read my post, it may help you ...<p>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=34&t=005410<p>Take care

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks all; I've ordered each of the books suggested. <p>I've also looked for support groups in my area, for a little face to face support, but nothing! <p>As usual, MB has proven to be a blessing. What a great place in a terrible time!<p>Prayers for all here to find what they're looking for..<p>Dan

E
E
Dear Dan:<p>I found a church that was holding Divorce Care recovery classes in my area. They really helped because I was in a group with people all experiencing the same grief and pain that I was. They helped with the anger, dissappointment and questions on visitations and all the other problems divorce causes. This web site is a great help when you need to connect but sometimes a real person face to face is what you need. Divorce Care has a web page you can go to and see if there are any classes near you. It's free and helpful.<p>erigby

M
M
{{{{dan}}}} we're here, supporting you. We cyber-love you! Dan, you know that I'm moving out of my family home in 10 days. The pain is great, but the anticipation of a better, happier life is beginning to tip the scales a bit. I got a book of quotes from the library. They're by famous and not so famous people. They're simple, yet can be uplifting. The book is called "Untying the Knot" by Deborah Brodie. It's helping me a teenie tiny bit. I'm praying for you!!!<p>PEACE,<p>Kari

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation