Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#719604 01/21/02 01:57 AM
C
CAGNEY Offline OP
OP Offline
C
We've been divorced since July of last year. Had been married for 17. We've worked together for many years and two years ago, he had an affair with one of our employees. We tried to make it work after that, went to counseling for months, and I didn't feel he was doing what the counselor asked him to do. He kept lying to me about little things, I'd find out and that would break down my trust again. Last May I met someone - I fell in love with him. And knew I needed to leave my husband. So I filed for divorce. In the process of that, I found out that the man I met was married. Betrayed twice. Course I got myself into the second one. Shouldn't have gone there, still being married and all, even though in my mind it was over. I got my divorce and the OM and I continued to see each other, as he was "going" to get a divorce. He even came to live with me for a short time, then a significant event happened in his life and he went back to his wife. Guess I should have known - he never was mine to have. Anyway, here it is 6 months after my divorce and my X continually tells me he wants me back. That he realizes he made some big mistakes, that he loves me so much and he wants to make it right. I tell you all this background to say I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO. My feelings for my X seem dead. I don't know if I have feelings for him or not. I am so afraid of getting betrayed again. I don't want to go back for the wrong reasons, ie to get some of my fortune back. I lost the business in the divorce, and am at loose ends in that department. I guess I should add that I have been "working" for my X since September (crazy huh!). We get along fine working together, but it's like, I don't really think about him in a romantic way. Does any of this make sense? Sheesh! I am so confused. Please, can anyone that's sane, help me make sense of all this? [img]images/icons/confused.gif" border="0[/img]

W
W
First, you need to read SAA, "Surviving an Affair," and then you need to decide if you are having regrets. Since you made the same mistake as the H, you now know what both sides of the fence feel like, my question is to you:<p>Have you yet figured out what hard work you were lazy about with your own marriage that you took for granted?<p>Have you any regrets about your prior decisions?<p>let us know what you have for answers. . .. <p>wiftty

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation