Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#720440 02/01/02 02:28 PM
C
C B Offline OP
OP Offline
C
W/s said no intention of coming back . this is the first time that she has said that and it gives me some relief. So we continue with d.
We have had a calm 6months but know it seems that we are getting down right mean . a lot of alagations being passed around . Is this common and why does it happen ?

#720441 02/01/02 04:51 PM
J
J
Divorce sucks. People hate going thru all the bs, and it is hard to think about airing all your dirty laundry in public. I know that having all this divorce stuff going on makes me crabby, even though it is not my fault. I guess you should just try and keep it simple. Talk to her only if you have to. I don't know if you have kids or not, that always makes it harder. Try and do the things you need to do and don't get caught up in all the he said she said bs. If she is doing this with other people just ignore it and be the better person. Then - SCREAM IN THE SHOWER, with Garth Brooks at full volume. At least that is what I do.
Elizabeth

#720442 02/01/02 09:02 PM
C
C B Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have both of the kids with me . Today she faxed me and suggested that i was getting a kick out of this d. also that I wasnt helping her convince kids that they should be spending more time with her.
Kids 15/17 say that they dont want a schedual
they want to come and go as needed and not to spend time overnight. W/s dislikes that idea and she is telling kids that I am controlling them.I offered in Oct. to get a schedual set up that would make all happy she chose not to even talk about it. It is my opinon that w/s was stringing me along . making me feel that there was a chance that we would atleast try to rebuild and now we are at the11th hr. I am sorry for the pain that I can imagin she is in but there is not much I can do. She sort a burned that bridge. My help has run out.

#720443 02/03/02 02:36 AM
G
G
Divorce brings out the worst in people - it's just an adversarial process by nature - and WS is upset because they don't want anyone telling them they can't have things go their way.<p>Stay your ground. Listen to your attonrey. Do what you know is right for kids, and if you don't know, get some books, talk to a child counselot etc. <p>WS's want divorce to be quick and easy and then they find out that it's anything but. Make sure you are looking out for yourself and the kids, and then let whatever she says roll of your back. K

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 193 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation