Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I just finished talking with xW who called to relay a message to older D.<p>During our conversation she told me she had bought me a VD gift.<p>I kept quiet and quickly changed the subject.<p>What do you folks think about this?<p>Joe

J
J
Not a clue. Must be something in the air. [censored] sent roses. Hello, divorce was final on Monday.

N
N
She may have said that so as not to hurt your D. Until it is actually in your hands, don't believe it, is my advice.<p>My H tells my kids lies all the time.<p>Love and light,<p>Jacky

T
OP Offline
T
You are right Nina Too.<p>My xW had a habit of lying, like all WS's, and this just might be a ploy to get on my good side. Besides, I was never expecting a VD gift from anybody, she beign the least of all people.<p>So even if she does give me a gift, it really changes nothing between us. I say this because, my relationship with her after our divorce, has actually been better that at any time during our marriage.<p>You know what really is funny? I'll bet that if she did really does give me a VD gift and her long term BF finds about it, there could be some very hurt feelings from him. I hope so because it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Joe

T
OP Offline
T
My xW just picked up our older D for the weekend and I said to her to be careful about giving me a VD gift because her BF would not approve.<p>Well she got a bit irked and said that the VD gift was from OC and NOT from her.<p>C'mon, I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but you can not tell me that a 5 year old boy with barely an awareness of VD's significance, told her to get me a gift.<p>I'll beleive that one when pigs fly.<p>Joe<p>[ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: justanotherjoe ]</p>

W
W
This is gross, but I wasn't thinking Valentine's Day when I first read your post. I was thinking VD gift, hmmm.... which one would that be?

X
X
Kathy!!
Shame on you! LOLOL......I was thinking the same thing! It is said that "great minds think alike"
Must be true, huh?<p>How ya been......is that boy of yours pickin banjo yet?<p>Takr care!<p>Xman<p>PS: Joe, sorry to hijack your thread....I (and I'm sure weirded out is too), am glad your VD gift was not of the sort we thought! Good Luck, pal!

T
OP Offline
T
Xman<p>PS: Joe, sorry to hijack your thread....I (and I'm sure weirded out is too), am glad your VD gift was not of the sort we thought! Good Luck, pal! <p><p> [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] ROTFLMAO Xman. Yes that is the one kind of VD gift that I would never look forward to. The gift that keeps on giving. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Going back on the non STD VD gift from xW, it's 2 days after VD and no gift. Why am I not surprised?<p>Joe<p>[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: justanotherjoe ]</p>

T
OP Offline
T
Well I finally got xW's VD gift.<p>After a sincere thank you from your's truly, she turned around and said to me "you better wear it, or I'm not giving you anything anymore" [img]images/icons/confused.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I almost busted a nut laughing to myself after I left her. I haven't laughed so much in a long time [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>My poor xW is now positively and unequivocally an active member of the reality challenge exspouses club of America. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Joe<p>[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: justanotherjoe ]</p>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 277 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation