Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Howdy, my friends on the D/D forum. I am back from the Marriage Builder Weekend in Orlando, Florida, and let me first say that we had a GREAT time. The rumors you have heard are all true--the Harleys themselves come and do that seminars, and cerri is really Jen. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] Just kidding. <p>We really did have a good time, and it was a good weekend. We arrived Friday evening, had dinner, and immediately signed in and went over some of the beginning concepts: Giver and Taker, The States of Marriage...that kind of thing. <p>Saturday, we were in seminars ALL DAY. I will confess that I was not sure my H would stay involved, engaged and interested for the whole day, but HE DID and I was very proud of him. We made an agreement ahead of time not to do a lot of heavyduty relationship talking before or after the seminars, but that if my H was willing to talk or wanted to, HE would initiate. Well we did talk a little but not a ton. (I didn't want to overwhelm him.) Saturday night we went out to a nice dinner and then sat in the hot tub, because we agreed to take this time and just enjoy each other's company.<p>Sunday (yesterday) we went to Universal Studios, Orlando from 9am to 9pm. We were two pooped puppies when we got back to our rooms, but we had a good time together ALL DAY. You know how sometimes you are outside, walking around all day in a theme park like this, and by the end of the day you are so tired that you two are at each others' throats? WELL WE WEREN'T!! We were both tired, and we both realized we had reached our limit, so we went back to the hotel and we to bed!! <p>All-in-all it was a good weekend. My H learned a lot and we have a lot to do and talk about. The biggest thing, for me, though was that for the first time ever, when I talked to him about verbal abuse, he said, "I am ashamed that I acted that way. I'm like an alcoholic just at the point of admiting they have an alcohol problem." <p>YAY! I think that sounds maybe, sorta, kinda hopeful. I'm TERRIFIED of even hoping again, but I guess we'll see--time will tell, huh?<p>Any questions from the peanut gallery??<p>CJ

L
L
I am so happy for you! I know what it is like to hope that "this time things are going to be different!". <p>I really hope and pray that things work out for you.<p>Hang in there and keep strong!

J
J
Cool, cool, cool! <p>I'm happy that things were good there! You should hope, what is life without hope! That verbal abuse thing seems to be the main issue that keeps cropping up and messing things up, I hope he really does understand. <p>Was it so warm? Where did you eat? What did you have? Did you (giggle) do it???? Ok, don't answer that one, but it sounds like you might have......<p>Elizabeth

C
C
Glad it went well. That he listened.<p>And I hope some of it "took". As hard as you have worked, I want you to have your fondest dream - your marriage healed. You stay in my prayers, sister.

E
E
Please excuse my butting in on your thread, but I wanted to tell you that I emailed your post to my "Needing Advice" thread to my son. He called this evening to tell me that he found it to be just what he needed. So thank you again. Your MB weekend must have given you great insight!<p>Estes

N
N
WTG CJ!!!<p> [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Love and light,<p>Jacky

S
S
Wow,
Things have sure changed since I've been gone! hehehe... CJ, I'm glad things are going well with you and your hubby. And do remember that you both are still in my prayers every morning!
....as are the rest of all my friends here at MB.
Mike

G
gsd Offline
G
Hey CJ,<p>Been a long time since I was here. Saw that you were in O-town! Should have looked me up!! I wish the MB thing was here a few years ago! that would have been great!<p>That admission by your H is a huge step. I think that may be the first time he ever said that. Yeah!!<p>Shame on you for not saying howdy! [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation