Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
OP Offline
J
Elizabeth smells plans with the kids from MB!<p>I am in Madison, WI during the week, and spend most of my weekends in Northbrook. <p>I think EWS mentioned dinner and a meeting in Wheaton?

H
H
I'm in Naperville, only a few minutes from Wheaton. I'd love to meet more fellow MBers!!!

O
O
Well obviously you can count ME in!<p>OvrCsMB@aol.com<p>Lemme know!<p>Ciao,
Nicole<p>[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: OvrCs ]</p>

D
D
I'm in.<p>E-mail me at zip090909@hotmail.com with details.<p>Dino

E
E
Hey this is great!!! lunch, dinner, dancing???<p>I live in Algonquin, work in Schaumburg, and will drive anywhere. I have plans Sat. Nothing Sunday. I am out of town Feb 28- March 4, then March 9-15.<p>Count me in.<p>Michelle

J
OP Offline
J
March 16, Saturday.<p>Schaumburg has that 25 and over club, forget what it's called. ALUMNI CLUB. That's it I think. Dancing there I hear....<p>How's it sound folks?<p>Any suggestions for dinner, or a more convenient meeting place? Have saturn will drive.

S
S
jtw,<p>I'm not sure that the Alumni Club is for 25yrs and over, but it's fine with me. It's about a mile from my house. Afterwards we can all go to my house for a nightcap. I'll introduce you to my wife (just kidding).<p>It's very easy to get to. Let me know if you need me to post directions.<p>sad dad

E
E
Alumni Club is not 25 and over, but the Living Room is. it is also in Schaumburg. <p>Very nice place, dancing and dinner if anyone is interested. I am in town that day too.

W
W
Hey<p>I'm now an Illinoisan, just moved back. But I'm an MB old timer and only slightly recognize your names! Can I come too, if I can get away and get a babysitter? I'll keep checking back here to see what the details are.

L
Luc Offline
L
I'm in too. So is it March 16? The Alumni Club or the Living Room?<p>~ Luc

H
H
Elizabeth, Nicole passed along the email and copied you, so you should have my email address (initials jg). I'll be looking forward to more details!!!<p>I am also going to mention the get together to a former poster that lives only about a mile from me (Aries55). We've gotten to be very close friends, and I'm sure she'd be interested in meeting others too.<p>This is a great idea---thanks so much for organizing it!!!

J
OP Offline
J
I'm here - crazy busy, [censored] had surgery on Tues. I will get things settled down here, and be back with a vengance on Sunday night probably really late (I guess they call that Monday morning). I will get the info and directions, and post a list of people I have and all that good stuff. Why can't we go to both Alumni Club and Living Room? Hey, Hey, Hey, here we go folks!<p>Any suggestions for dinner? Is there like an Applebee's or TGI Friday's - something easy for a big group of rowdie's like us?<p>Elizabeth

X
X
Hey Kathy "weirded out"!<p>uhhhhhh.....I know it's probly "noisy" in your house, with all them young uns...but I don't think that makes y'all "Illinoisians"! I think the term is "Illini", ain't it? Course, I'm just an ole Virginia hillbilly...what the HELL do I know?? LOL.<p>All the best to ya, ma<p>luv,
Xman

O
O
Okay, this is an invite to the REST of you who might be able to find yourself in the Chicago area on the 16th of MARCH!!!! Please come! It would be so great to put a face to your "handle" (MB name)!<p>Don't feel left out... consider yourself invited! If not to this time, for sure there will be another "meeting of the minds" at a future time! Please come!<p>Cheers!<p>Nicole
OvrCsMB@aol.com<p>[ February 23, 2002: Message edited by: OvrCs ]</p>

S
S
I'm relatively new here but I could certainly use a night out like this. Not exactly right in the neighborhood but I could try and make it over there. About a 3 hour drive from Grand Rapids MI which is where I am. Be sure and keep posting details if you could.

W
W
XMAAANNN!!<p>Hi - There you go again!<p>You have a point, and you could be right, but it's MY house now and I can be Illinoisians if I want us to be! (kidding)<p>Seeking Guidance - I am now an ex-Michiganian (XMAN, I dare ya), it's an easy drive, piece of cake. I can tell you one thing is for sure - I sure do miss driving 70, legally that is.<p>Problem? Babysitter. Hmmm, will have to work on it.<p>[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: weirded out ]</p>

J
OP Offline
J
OK, I'm a huge dork. There is no address line on my browser (Internet Explorer), so I have no idea how to get around except for favorites. I can't get to mapquest or anything so you're on your own kids. Any ideas? <p>Saturday, March 16
Let's say 7 o'clock<p>Is the Living Room in Schaumburg quiet enough for dinner that we can talk without screaming? If it is then it's a go.<p>Let's do a quick head count.
Post Reply, then your first name.
I'll email the folks who emailed me in case they aren't regular readers.<p>Also, remember ID's cause once I drove with my sis all the way to Schaumburg to the Alumni club, and couldn't get in cause I didn't have my DL. And trust me folks, I am no spring chicken.<p>Once we have an approx. head count we can make reservations with the VIP.

J
OP Offline
J
OK, so no headcount. My puter is sick and I am taking it to the puter doc. I will be offline a few days, but plans are still on. Don't make me go out dancing by myself!!
Elizabeth

C
C
Just curious of the age of the people who are going to this? Not being to personal but I know every age group has different taste on what they like to do. Include me in on the email ace_mas@hotmail.com
Thanks...

E
E
Hello Confused guy, <p>I am 34. I am not sure what our age rang is. The living room doesn't get loud until after 10PM. We can get there at 7, do dinner around 8 and that should give us time to get a good seat on the dance floor afterwards. Someone let me know if we are going there for sure and give me a time and head count. i will take care of the reservations!<p>Michelle<p>[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: eyes_wide_shut ]</p>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation