Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#721861 02/26/02 08:28 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Yesterday on my way home from work my cell phone rang and it was my X with some news. My oldest daughter Jessica 12yo had just been visited by the "WOMAN" fairy. OMG!!!!!! My X told all about what had happened and that Jessica was in the shower because my X had griped her out about her hygiene. Most important day of a young girls life and her mom *****es her out about hygiene. I asked her to have Jessica call me when she got out.<p>Well about 15 minutes later Jessica called and we talked. She's excited and scared at the same time.<p>As for dear ole dad, I cried most of the evening. I just can't believe it. Heck thinking about it today still makes me cry. My little girl is growing up.<p>Just thought I'd share.

#721862 02/26/02 09:40 AM
S
S
JUst thought I'd reply real quick to let you know that you are not alone, and I too am scared that one day I will have to hear about this kind of thing and other important events over the phone. My daughter is only 2 but I am in a situation that is spiraling out of control. Once again I am going to be forced into a situation where I do not get to be the kind of Dad I want to be. All because I feel in love with a Woman that sees no value in honoring her commitments. Hang in there, there have got to be better days.

#721863 02/26/02 09:53 AM
A
A
hey there. no worries. it's great that the mother of your daughter informed you. how excited you're included in changes that your daughter is going through. she growing up. if you cry, cry tears of joy. don't think of it as 'oh no i want my baby to keep on being a baby'. everything change that she's goping through is beautiful. next thing you know she'll be going to her prom! [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

#721864 02/26/02 09:59 AM
L
OP Offline
L
SoSad & Anita<p>Thank you for your replies. For the record I have joint custody and have my girls about 1/2 the time.

#721865 02/26/02 10:19 AM
E
E
Bill,<p>Your little girl is growing up yes, but what a future she has instore for her! Think about parties, dates, prom, her wedding day. I know it is not easy but you have to let her grow up. You will do just fine as long as you remember she will always be your little girl! No matter how old she gets. I am 34 and my father told me that very thing, recently. My parents divorced when I was 5. My father moved to another state when I was 17. Yet we have built such a close bond that we don't go five days with out speaking. When I hurt, I call him first (most of the time, not right now) I know no matter how old I get, my father will be there for me! That is what you have to look forward to yourself.<p>Be glad your X included you, sharing every special moment, will keep you close to your girls!<p>Love & Light,<p>Michelle

#721866 02/26/02 11:00 AM
O
O
I know this sounds a little corny but how about a little celebration between Dad and daughter of some mild sort? Not to embarrass her but something she'll remember... You never forget that day... as a woman (or at least I haven't) and I'm not sure if she'll remember her Mom yelling at her but she might remember your sensitivity towards her.<p>Yes Bill... time marches on but it's wonderful to be such a part of it! Cry... you will cry many more times and it's great! Life doesn't always go the way we want it too but as I sit back and look at how you've managed this past year and how you have grown and developed... it's amazing! And, your daughters will too! I wish I had that kind of relationship with my Dad... Oh I love him, and he's always there for my physical kind of needs... just was never there to lean on emotionally... I see that as a wonderful gift for you and Jessica (and your other two)!<p>Warmly,
Nicole<p>ps - you comin' to the dinner and dance on the 16th? You can stay at my house! I have a guest room - well, in my office [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] ! Boy, wouldn't that shake the ole H up a little! TEE HEE!

#721867 02/26/02 02:50 PM
P
P
I know, Bill. My D turned 11 last week. She has started with the face breaking out stage, needing a training bra, etc... I know what is next and I think I'll be curled up somewhere crying then too.<p>They do grow up so fast. My D got sick on her 11th birthday and went to doctor. What a present huh? Well it's a week later, she's no better. We went back this morning and she has pneumonia. She has to go back tomorrow. I hope they don't put her in the hospital but I want what is best for her of course. <p>Please add her to your prayers. Thanks!<p>Lynn

#721868 02/26/02 03:22 PM
N
N
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW<p>How wonderful for Jessica. She will be feeling SO grown up right now, and will not forget that day. I am the same, I haven't forgotten mine.<p>I guess I am Ms Practical, here, but I suppose you realise that now you must keep 'supplies' at your house. She will probably feel reserved about telling you when the next time comes, so you should ask X what brand to buy, store them in a safe 'private' place for Jessica, and tell her where they are next time she is with you. That way she can take care of things herself while with you.<p>Don't feel bad that nature did its thing........at least you know everything is in good working order!!!<p>Love and light,<p>Jacky

#721869 02/26/02 03:38 PM
L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nina too:
<strong>She will probably feel reserved about telling you when the next time comes, so you should ask X what brand to buy, store them in a safe 'private' place for Jessica, </strong><hr></blockquote><p>That's been done for months. After reading some of these reply's I'm concerned about the lack of involvement that some fathers have and poor relationships they must have with their daughters.<p>Not only did I get supplies months ago, I'm the one that told her mother what I bought and advised her to do the same. Heck in 12 years of marriage I don't think my X ever bought her own "supplies".<p>
BTW - NICOLE - I'd love to come up for dinner but I'm having a hard time justifying the 36 hour round trip for dinner. I know your the Amazonian Goddess and everything but GEEZ. Anyway I'm probably going to be in Iowa that day for a baton competition. No I'm not twirling but my girls are.

#721870 02/26/02 03:47 PM
N
N
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!<p>You are SUCH a good daddy!!!!!<p>Other dads not being involved? My dad was like that. He was embarrassed by the whole topic!!!<p>Different generation, I guess.

#721871 02/28/02 12:17 PM
S
S
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LostHusband:
<strong>
No I'm not twirling but my girls are.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Ahem, excuse me Bill, we all know you are the king of twirling. Do have one of those cute sequined suits as well? Tights maybe?<p>Can you send me pic's?<p>Love,
Pink Fuzzy Slipper

#721872 03/01/02 01:04 AM
L
OP Offline
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Still Learning As I go:
<strong><p>Do have one of those cute sequined suits as well? Tights maybe?<p>Can you send me pic's?<p></strong><hr></blockquote><p>Actually those pictures are available on E-Bay in the adult section.......<p> [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

#721873 03/01/02 06:53 AM
J
J
ohhhhh.... memories...<p>Cut to the dinner table just after grace...<p>Mom: Bethie got her period today!<p>Bethie: (slumps hoping to become one with the chair)<p>Dad: Really? Are you going to use pads or tampons?<p>Sue (7yrs.): What's a period?<p>Bethie: (runs away screaming and locks herself in room)<p>Dad: What's up with her?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation