Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#721944 02/28/02 10:35 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I am new here, a good friend told me about this site and that I would find a lot of support here.
So I thought I would come check it out. <p>I just found out a few weeks ago that my husband of 17 years wants a seperation and eventually a divorce. I am devestated and don't know what all to do or who to talk to.<p>Angelneedinghugs

#721945 02/28/02 11:25 AM
N
N
Find a friend to give you a hug. I actually had a stranger hug me because he saw how upset I was. I'm now crying for the five years of neglect I've allowed. I don't like wearing my emotions so openly, but need to get it out and learn about my self. Off to see my counselor now. Get one if you don't already have one. It's for you, noone else.

#721946 02/28/02 12:24 PM
W
W
Angel...I am also pretty new here. My husband of 11 years (but together 15 yrs) has left me for another woman. I feel your pain. Please just know and remember this board is full of compassionate people who actually care. Everyone here has helped me out so very much. What I have done is: gone on meds, started counseling,cried, vented, started a journal, listened to people-friends- & family. I think I have finally accepted the fact that he does not love me and that I have got to go on, but that does not take away my lonely, scared - how can I raise 4 boys alone questions. But I realize now that with every day I survive I become a different person who is stronger and who will eventually come around to be a better person. Please feel free to email me at anytime. cgarcia@mahoneygroup.com Cindy

#721947 02/28/02 12:45 PM
D
D
Buy the Divorce Recovery book by Michelle Weiner-Davis.<p>Start participating in this website
http://www.divorcebusting.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

#721948 03/01/02 01:20 AM
L
L
((((Angel))))<p>Welcome, this is a terrible site to have to be at but it's also one of the best places you can be right now. Sad to say that I'm not new here and I'm probably about to reach senior status. <p>There are a lot of people here who have been through just about any situation you can imagine and will help guide you down the path. Do you have any children? What caused the separation?<p>Hugs, Thoughts, & Prayers

#721949 03/01/02 08:07 AM
J
J
Welcome, make yourself at home.<p>Bill,
Don't worry about your senior status. I got you beat by almost a whole year! I guess it sucks to be me! Hanging around here just makes us smarter not older.<p>Elizabeth

#721950 03/06/02 10:21 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks to all that replied to my posted message. My seperation is because my husband says he no longer loves me and he has found someone else. Guess who that someone else is....you probably guessed it my best friend.
He has told me that he won't stand for my outburst because he thinks they are tempertantrums and won't stand for them.
I do have a counselor and she is helping some and I am on meds and that is helping a lot more than I thought it would. I do have a few good friends that I have been chating with unfortunately all of them are all out of state so I can't have the hugs that they send me through the internet. I do have a wonderful mother in law that knows everything well almost everything and she is supporting me and encouraging and advicing me on what to do and how to handle some of my feelings and such. She isn't pleased at all with her son.
If anyone would like to e-mail me you can reach me at Javaroses2001@yahoo.com
I would like to meet new people and know that I am not the only one that is going through this.
Thanks again for the posts and I appreciate the advice.
HUGS
Angelneedinghugs

#721951 03/06/02 12:55 PM
S
S
Hi...<p>I'm sorry that you're here... what you are going through is truly heartbreaking.<p>However, I'm glad you're here... you will find alot of wonderful people who know how you feel and will give you great suppport.<p>Please go to the divorcing busting site... also get the book Love must be tough by James Dobson.<p>Go and look for a support group in your area...Call your local mental health center... even call a crisis hotline.... they will have numbers for you. You will find people there who can help you through this time. Keep writing and calling your friends... boy, I don't know what I would have done without them.<p>WE ALL know how you are feeling.... we've been/are where you are.<p>One other thing... you have to stop...begging, crying and all...... I did those things and all it does is drive the WS farther away. Once you read the books and visit the other websites, you'll see what I mean.....<p>God Bless you
s

#721952 03/07/02 01:26 AM
A
A
Hey Angelneedinghugs,<p>This is your good friend Alohanui2000 [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
I am so glad that you came to this site. It is a great place to get support and maybe just vent some. It is always good to know that there are others going through hard times too. It is a great place to make friends and get advice too. I can't say enough good things about this site and the people that are in here.
Big HUGGGGGGGs
ANNE2000
Alohanui2000

#721953 03/07/02 09:32 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Thank you Anne200 for telling me about this board. I think it will help me.
I would like to put my story out there for all to help advice me but I am partly afraid of H or my BF finding it and being really mad at me, but I need to talk about how I feel about what is going on with me. I have been told that one of the best ways to get over something is to talk about it and listen to others advice, you don't nessecarily have to agree with it or take it but you can listen and use what would help you in your situation.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation