Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
agreement states for easter weekend ex has daughter thursday at 7pm until saturday at 6pm. I then have her the rest of the time. There is no flipping times every year it is a permanent fix.<p>I have to "surprise drop" her off to which he asks to to stay (we are dating as well) So i do friday i goto work he is at home with her. Friday night a friend asks me to keep her company while her husband plays in a band i say yes and i call ex and let him know. Stop by after i ask he says whatever.<p>After evening finishes at 10:30pm at a restaurant where they played up beat dinner music, i call 3x no answer. I figure he might be sleeping so i go over. His mother is watching our daughter states ex won't be home until the next day. My daughter is sleeping in the office in an office chair. I ask how long she's been in that postion sleeping...1.5 hrs. I wake her to put her to bed. She asks me to stay i say i can't not with gramma here and daddy not. She asks to leave with me. Pouts a little, so i agree.
Saturday and Sunday we (daughter and I) trying calling ex all day. Never answered never called back. Monday daughter finally gets a hold of him to which he starts yelling at me saying i obviously want to goto bars every weekend and maybe we should stop dating. He said he was hurt that i went because we are suppose to spend weekends together. I remind him of his male bonding times and i am allowed the same break. (after all he doesn't see us during the week, and i don't get any break from being mom or playing wife and home body)
He even admits he unplugged his phone out of spite and didn't call or return calls because he was too upset.
We agreed this would be our last attempt at reconciation and i told him no hanging up the phone or unplugging the phone that prevents communication and causes problems. No disappearing acts for a couple days without some kind of consideration for me. Every week in the past 8 has broken one or all of these requests.
I feel burnt out.
I also feel like this behavior will never change.<p>I think to myself that if he was so upset with me, and denied his daughter communication to get back at me, what type of relationship am i trying to put back together. Every time he says he is sorry and understands. But it seems to still occur. This time it is even more offensive BECAUSE it was a holiday weekend.<p>Before i left with her on friday, i told his mom tell ex to call in the morning so i can drop her back off or he can pick her up as i have to work.

O
O
Dear LA... oh the pain of reconciliation and the attempt at it. It's expectations, broken promises that kill it...<p>I'm sorry and I can just feel your pain! How can you detach and still be 'there' for your daughter... gosh, old tapes and same ole scenarios replaying themselves again and again...<p>I have no advice... just want you to know I hear ya... and pray for peace of mind for you and this roller coaster you're on. <p>They say reconciliation attempts are so very very hard... wish I had the answer. <p>Nicole

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 440 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation