Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#725381 04/16/02 04:27 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Okay, normally I would not toot my own horn like this, but my 40th birthday is coming up on Saturday, April 20th and I would like to make a big thing out of it. Since you all are my friends, I was wondering if you could send me a birthday present: will you please send me your favorite memory of you and me? This will be a WONDERFUL trip down memory lane, and I'll feel all surrounded by my friends and folks who love me. <p>Thanks. I think I'll print all the emails and responses and make a "book" out of them! <p>HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>
CJ

R
R
Hi "almost Birthday Girl"! I should have known that too!<p>You know when MB's board crashed last fall, my thread "what's your sign" disappeared into cyber space. I knew when some of my MB friends birthdays were! Did I print it out? Nope!<p>Wiftty's b-day is somewhere here mid-month April too!<p>How 'bout making some new memories? We should have a "midwest gathering" of the MB gang! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Oh well, sounded good didn't it?<p>((((((((((HUGS TO THE BIRTHDAY GIRL, CJ))))))))))<p>Gayle<p>[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Ragamuffin ]</p>

F
OP Offline
F
I would LOVE to have a Midwest meeting of MB folks. There's you and I...there's Billy boy out there in BFE (also known as Kansas)...there's Jayhawk...HurtingInOmaha...<p>The only problem I see is that the wind is stirring up so much dust, it looks like Oklahoma!!<p>CJ

L
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FaithfulWife:
<strong>I would LOVE to have a Midwest meeting of MB folks. </strong><hr></blockquote><p>Hey, y'all, if we hurry I bet I could get us some discount tickets to view The World's Largest Ball of Twine here in Kansas.

R
R
"Hey, y'all, if we hurry I bet I could get us some discount tickets to view The World's Largest Ball of Twine here in Kansas. "<p>That's cool, only 80 miles due south of me! We could take CJ and show her the ball of twine for her birthday! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

C
C
I'll plan another hot tub party but it will probably be in Nashville. Any takers?<p>BTW - CJ, I want to send you a real card but I lost your address. I don't know which house. HELP!!!

J
J
Lordy, Lordy, Lordy…..CJ’s turning 40!!!!<p>Now I knew that my fellow Jewish cohort in crime was a little over the hill, but I had no idea that it was the same hill Moses traveled down with the down commandments and that she witnessed this monumental piece of history!<p>Oh, who am I kidding? CJ, you are the youngest 30-something I think I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. <p>You’ve asked us to send you our most favorite memories of “us” and I honestly don’t know where to begin. It’s coming up on my two-year anniversary to this site, and I’m pretty sure that you’ve been here from the start. We’ve laughed together, we’ve cried together, we’ve advised one another, given each other crap over almost KU/CU football game and basketball game there is, not to mention the heated rivalries between the Chiefs and the Broncos, but I think my most favorite memory of “us” is when I was in Colorado last year visiting my friend “Bear” and you took off from work to meet me for lunch. After all we had shared with one another, just having the opportunity to meet face to face and visit for a few hours was great. It was like seeing an old friend (no, this isn’t another joke about your age!) and it’s not something that I’ll soon forget. Now the fact that you blew us off later that week and didn’t meet us for football and beers at the bar by Coors field is another story for another day...Although, it’s a good thing that you didn’t show because if I remember correctly, the Chiefs won that day and the Broncos didn’t. Of course, they weren’t playing each other that day!<p>We've been through a lot together and I am happy and honored to have you as my friend!<p>Well CJ, my singing voice isn’t quite what it used to be, but here it goes…<p>
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CJ
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!<p>
~Jayhawk [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

F
OP Offline
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jayhawk 93:
<strong>Lordy, Lordy, Lordy…..CJ’s turning 40!!!!<p>Now I knew that my fellow Jewish cohort in crime was a little over the hill, but I had no idea that it was the same hill Moses traveled down with the down commandments and that she witnessed this monumental piece of history!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Oh for heaven's sake. With friends like this, who needs enemies? heehee [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] And BTW, it was King DAVID that I hung out with, not Moses! Man!<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong> Oh, who am I kidding? CJ, you are the youngest 30-something I think I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. </strong><hr></blockquote><p>You only say that because I'm 4ft. 10in. tall but I can still beat you up. heehee snicker chuckle.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong> You’ve asked us to send you our most favorite memories of “us” and I honestly don’t know where to begin. It’s coming up on my two-year anniversary to this site, and I’m pretty sure that you’ve been here from the start. We’ve laughed together, we’ve cried together, we’ve advised one another, given each other crap over almost KU/CU football game and basketball game there is, not to mention the heated rivalries between the Chiefs and the Broncos, but I think my most favorite memory of “us” is when I was in Colorado last year visiting my friend “Bear” and you took off from work to meet me for lunch. After all we had shared with one another, just having the opportunity to meet face to face and visit for a few hours was great. It was like seeing an old friend (no, this isn’t another joke about your age!) and it’s not something that I’ll soon forget. Now the fact that you blew us off later that week and didn’t meet us for football and beers at the bar by Coors field is another story for another day...Although, it’s a good thing that you didn’t show because if I remember correctly, the Chiefs won that day and the Broncos didn’t. Of course, they weren’t playing each other that day!<p>We've been through a lot together and I am happy and honored to have you as my friend!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>TOWEL BOY!! <p>Boy, Jayhawk, you sure know how to get a girl! Can I tell you something just between you and I (and everyone else reading this thread)?? BOY did I miss you!!! Where have you been? Are you okay? Are things okay between you and the little lady? Well heck, there's another good memory of "us": we were the only two who held out any hope for you two. Hey, good, bad or otherwise, I'm one of your good friends, and I know in one way or another you will always love her dearly.<p>Well, bud, write me an update email one of these days, will ya?<p>
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jayhawk}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<p>
CJ<p>[ April 19, 2002: Message edited by: FaithfulWife ]</p>

D
D
I'm 40 on April 30th. I'm planning on renting a beach front hotel in San Diego for my daughter and myself. It will be beach toys and sunshine all day long.

N
N
Miss CJ,<p>Didja notice that some of us have written on your thread in EN's?

R
R
I don't post much anymore, but am so glad I logged on to wish you a very happy birthday.<p>I can't thank you enough for all of the advise, hugs, sharing etc. It has meant so much to me and you've helped me through some of my darkest days.<p>Happy Happy Birthday CJ!!!!
Many more.
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Petrie

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 432 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation