Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Today I found out that my sister-in-law's sister is in a very bad situation. Her H broke her leg. She's been married to this sob probably 15+ years, two kids, the son has special needs. Truthfully, I hardly know this woman, having met her once when we were teenagers. Still, my heart goes out to her. I know quite a bit about verbal and emotional abuse. I know about denial, although it mystifies me how denial can continue in the presence of physical violence. <p>The sob H is a high ranking martial arts expert. He nearly broke her arm two months ago, yet she stayed with him. Now her leg is broken. From what I understand, she plans to move in June, but with denial being such a strong force, I worry about this woman. I also worry about further violence between now and June. If anyone has some helpful websites, or personal insights, I'd love to collect an arsenal of information that I can forward.

C
C
Try your local community mental health agency, local YWCA, or some local churches for referrals or recommendations for services. Also, in your area, there might be a group called something like Family and Children's Services or Council of Community Services. Local Human Services (maybe the people who do children's protective services) office might be able to make some recommendations.<p>Also, try some of the largest churches. At least one church in my city has its own shelter. And I am sure there are others I don't know about.

F
F
Women Helping Women, Inc.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Business Phone: 513-977-5541
Hotline: 513-872-9259
Toll-Free: 888-872-9259
TTY: 513-977-5545 <p>YWCA - Alice Paul House
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Business Phone: 513-961-2604
Hotline: 513-872-9259 <p>I'd suggest starting with the Hotline. They can most quickly direct you to services in your area, including shelters, help with food and rent, reporting to the police, victim advocacy, etc. <p>If you need any help, email me at cindy_cj_wolfe@hotmail.com. Sorry it took so long to reply, but I wasn't online.<p>
CJ

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,105 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation