Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#734881 09/11/02 04:26 PM
S
sidney Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello Old & New Friends,

I haven't been on the board in many months. I've lurked a few times and read messages from those of you who were going through your own private "hell" at the same time as me. I always find it very uplifting to hear about how you've all managed to move on with your lives.

Well, I thought I would give those of you who might be interested an update on my situation. My D was final on March 14 of this year. Since then, I've found a very wonderful man and we are sharing a truly beautiful relationship. I can honestly say that I really didn't know what I was missing when I was married. I had nothing to compare it to, at the time. Plus, I realize now that I had become very numb and accustomed to my ex's mistreatment of me. I knew no different and since I was an emotionally abused child, I suppose I thought that was 'normal' treatment.

I still have a ways to go in recovery. And sometimes I wonder if I will ever fully get over the events of the past few years. But, I no longer have to take medication, and I'm happier and healthier now than I've been in a long, long time.

I want to thank all of you who helped me hang on during the darkest hours of my life. You all were truly a lifeline at times. I wish all of you the very best that life has to offer. May God bless and keep you.

#734882 09/11/02 06:35 PM
R
R
Sidney,

I was so thrilled to see this update!! Your last email to me did not come through, as I had been gone and my email box was nearly full. It only showed me that you had sent me an email, but I was unable to see anything you had written. Feel free to write me again.

I am just so happy things are working out with this new guy. If anyone deserves a slice of happiness, sidney, it sure is you! I have wondered about Mike. How are things going for him? Not very well I would suspect. However, I do pray for him, too.

Keep me posted, friend. I am only an email away. Love ya!! Desiree

#734883 09/11/02 07:41 PM
N
N
Oh my gosh, sidney!

It's wonderful to hear from you...

I agree with you that despite moving on and finding love again, the events of the last few years will have changed us - possibly forever - and hopefully we will be able to say, one day, that it changed us for the better.

One thing I know for sure, is that I am not the judgemental person I once was. That's got to count for something.

I wish you peace and continued healing in your life... and that your new relationship brings you joyful love!!!

#734884 09/12/02 02:24 PM
S
sidney Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Sheryl & Desiree,

So nice to hear from both of you! Well, today my life took another abrupt detour. I officially joined the ranks of the unemployed... another casualty of the recession and corporate greed. But, you know what? You were right Sheryl, the events of the past few years HAVE changed me for the better. Even though this came as a shock, I feel an inner peace, and can hear a little voice that is saying 'everything will be alright'. I feel as though I've seen the gates of hell, been dragged through the muck and mire and I survived it. This, and quite possibly nothing can compare to that. So, I have grown stronger. Plus, now I have a partner by my side who is willing to stick with me through thick and thin. I know for a fact, that if this would have happened while I was married, I would be completely devastated.

I hope all is well with both of you. I'll send you another email, Desiree. Take care and love you both.

#734885 09/14/02 05:02 AM
D
D
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by sidney:
<strong>Hello Old & New Friends,

I still have a ways to go in recovery. And sometimes I wonder if I will ever fully get over the events of the past few years. But, I no longer have to take medication, and I'm happier and healthier now than I've been in a long, long time.

I want to thank all of you who helped me hang on during the darkest hours of my life. You all were truly a lifeline at times. I wish all of you the very best that life has to offer. May God bless and keep you.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Sidney! Good for you! Folks like you are an inspiration to everyone on these Boards - there is so much hurt and needless misery caused by selfish uncaring Spouses/Ex-Spouses - well! A Post like yours is a breath of fresh air. God has blessed you and I pray He will continue to.
It's stories like yours - and mine IMHO - that give others hope and the will to carry on.
God bless you!
Harold

#734886 09/15/02 04:48 PM
S
S
Hey Sid!

Wonderful to see you here and hear all about your healing and new relationship. Your comments resonated with me and I am happy to say I too have found a wonderful new relationship.

I wish you all the best for your continued growth and healing.

Starpony

#734887 09/20/02 07:19 PM
W
W
Hey Sidney,
I always said life would get better!

Bill

#734888 09/20/02 07:37 PM
C
C
Oh my... Sidney, Desiree, Sheryl, William J, Starpony!

This is an old-timer's party!

Isn't healing and the passage of time wonderful!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation