Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#742075 01/01/03 08:25 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I wish that I could just put it all out of my mind and move on with my life. I moved out of my house about six months ago after finding out about my WS having multiple affairs. We had been going through MC for over six months at that point for an affair that she had. Things were going downhill fast and I left after finding out about several other affairs. She immediately wanted to reconcile, and blamed the affairs on her childhood sexual abuse. I personally didn't buy it as the reason for the affairs. I just can't trust her anymore. To this day, she still wants to reconcile, but I can't see it happening due to the problem I have with trusting her. I know that I need to move on with my life.

E
E
Hi Betrayed One,

Sorry to see you go through what you are. I understand your pain and distrust. I went through the same thing with my now exww. Trust is something thats earned and proven so I can see why you feel the way you do. I would pray and read the material on this MB Site. At this point if she wants to reconcile what a blessing and new beginning. I honestly believe a big part of my exww A's were because of the sexual abuse at 13 that was never dealt with, she always kept the "its all my fault" and " longed for her fathers love " her stepfather abused her. Therefore the void and her lowself esteem got the best of her and she saw A's as her way to happeness when it only brought her more shame and guilt, Affairs are a weakness and not strength as some WS's make it out to be that's why most are destroyed inwardly when it's all over. If my WW would have repented and shown evidence she was wanting to reconcile and actions of trust followed I would have hopped on it because prior to the A's she was a good woman, she became under the power OM's therefore there was no hope for us but to part ways.

The key is not to try to return to what you had before, it's gone, you have to move into a new area, you have changed, your WW has changed now but that is not a bad thing it can add a new aspect to the relationship.....

C
C
Betrayedone....Let me start out by saying how sorry I am that you are having to deal with this. Just keep in mind that since your wife is remorseful it is a living hell for her too. Not on the same level by any means but she hurts for you and for what she has done to you.

Is she getting help for dealing with this past child abuse? If she is tackling this issue then I believe she will be a much better person and a much better wife but she has to help herself first.

You know what I am going to say next. By all means try and save your marriage if you can. You loved her before and you can get that love back in my opinion. Start all over. Have a brand new marriage and make it better than the first. God put you together for a purpose. Stand up and fight for your marriage and don't ever give up because God can heal people and marriages.

Let us know what happens and we will pray for you in the mean time.

Remember this, God can do anything. He is a God of miracles

Love in christ
cajunky

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation